Law School Discussion

In at Northeastern

qtip2012

• LSAT: 162 UGPA: 3.06
    • View Profile
    • Email
In at Northeastern
« on: January 29, 2005, 04:26:08 PM »
Pretty damn surprised.  They responded to me in less than three weeks, and I didn't think I was that strong of a candidate.  Should be good news for everyone else.

Anyone else considering this school?

What are people's general impressions?

I think its a really good school but being behind the big three in Boston kind of scares me.

It's pretty good to know you are actually going to school.   :D

mchek

Re: In at Northeastern
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 04:41:59 PM »
I also applied to Northeastern and I have the same concerns as you (rankings behind Harvard, BC, BU). I'm really impressed with your turnaround time. I haven't heard anything yet. Did you get a complete application notice?

I visited Northeastern and the student who led my tour chose it over BU and is very happy there. She created her own co-op assignments from her hometown and spoke very highly of the co-op program and the education she is receiving there in general.

It's definately a contender for me, and working 4 co-ops has to be helpful for networking and future employment as well as helping offset the high cost of tuition and living in Boston.

Do you think you'll end up there?

mchek

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 04:42:33 PM »
Oh, and also congrats!!

qtip2012

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 05:18:28 PM »
I have zero idea where I will end up to be honest.  Have to check the schools out and see where I get accepted.  Thanks for the congrats!

burp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 09:03:48 PM »
Congrats, qtip. Are you planning on attending the info session on co-ops for admitted students on Feb 10?

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 09:35:58 PM »
congrats!!! ;D

qtip2012

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 11:47:57 PM »
Panda, I don't know about this event. Tell me more, where is it held?  When? Etc.

burp

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2005, 01:31:12 AM »
Panda, I don't know about this event. Tell me more, where is it held?  When? Etc.

I just got the postcard yesterday. The title of the event is "Co-op and Post-Grad Employment Opportunities" and the description says "Learn more about co-op and post-graduate job placement from the sources themselves: a staff member from the co-op office, a co-op participating employer, and a current co-op student."

It's on Thursday, Feb 10 from 5-6:30pm with an optional tour at 4pm. You should RSVP with them at lawadmissions@neu.edu.

I wish I can go, but i will be traveling that week. Oh well.

Rowgirl

• 3.3/165
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2005, 07:18:38 AM »
I'll be at that info session.  I love Northeastern and I'm so happy you got in!  Right now, its my top choice

pepem

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »
someone let me know what goes down at this info session.  I can't make it that day.