Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Syracuse stmnt  (Read 345 times)

sport

• View Profile
Syracuse stmnt
« on: January 29, 2005, 04:59:01 PM »
edit

Kait

• View Profile
Re: Syracuse stmnt
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 07:39:04 PM »
I applied to Syracuse and basically took the instructions to mean as long as necessary to get my point across (without droning). Since my other apps specified that they were looking for two pages, I just stuck with that for Syracuse. So....two pages double spaced is what they got from me.

sport

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 09:04:42 PM »
thanks.  i don't think i was as concerned about length as i was trying to see if there was another soul out there that bothered to address this question.

it's not an unreasonable question, but my "main" personal stmnt for schools doesn't seem to work, that is, address the question.  i don't believe in stating things directly, like "...and this is how I would add diversity..." which is why it poses a problem for me.

littletanuki

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 12:58:25 PM »
I had a hard time with this one.  Like sport, I hate to say things like, "I'll add diversity because of x and y..." 

Instead I talked about 2 things that I felt were unique about me...being an foreign exchange student in Brazil in high school and the transition to being an Army spouse while my husband was deployed to Iraq.  I tied these two together and was done in 2 pgs dbl spaced. 

HTH.