Law School Discussion

Anyone go to GULC Admitted Students Days?

Anyone go to GULC Admitted Students Days?
« on: January 29, 2005, 08:15:31 AM »
I got accepted to Georgetown, but didn't get the letter until last Monday so I couldn't make it to admitted students days Thursday and Friday. Did anyone go? How was it? Thanks!

!@#$%

• View Profile
Re: Anyone go to GULC Admitted Students Days?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 09:09:36 AM »
::raising hand::  It was excellent.  I *highly* recommend you go to the next one.  They put on a top-notch dog and pony show.  Plus, you get 3 free meals, a hat and a mug.

After that, I'm not so certain that Georgetown isn't my top choice now.

alibami_z

• Law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 11:50:05 PM »
::raising hand::  It was excellent.  I *highly* recommend you go to the next one.  They put on a top-notch dog and pony show.  Plus, you get 3 free meals, a hat and a mug.

Does that mean GULC is your top choice now?

I also went to the Open House and highly recommend going.  I attended a Civil Procedures class w/Prof. Mezey, which I thoroughly enjoyed.  I had a good time, learned a lot about the school, and confirmed my initial impressions about the school.  I'm now 99% sure it's where I'll be going and am getting very excited about it.

BTW, did you have any specific questions you wanted answered regarding the Open House or GULC?

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 03:37:32 PM »

Me too!  I was very impressed by the facilities, the students, the faculty!!  I am still slightly concerned by employment numbers, but that is just based on the rep on here and xoxo.

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 04:17:37 PM »
I don't really have any specific questions, just curious about the general vibe. I'm glad to hear everyone enjoyed it, since I will almost certainly go there.

I'm thinking about visiting at some time other than an open house day, on the theory that I'll get a better understanding of the school when people aren't dancing around trying to show me how great it is. But maybe it doesn't make that much of a difference.

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 04:36:53 PM »
When is the next open house?  I just got accepted this week and I don't even remember dates in January being on the list!  I am in DC and definitely want to take a better look...how long did the events last? I'll have to take a day off work and need to plan as much as I can in advance.  Thanks much!

prospect

• "I'll charm you yet..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 07:17:48 AM »
I'll probably attend the one in NYC on 3/2.

!@#$%

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2005, 10:51:50 AM »
When is the next open house?  I just got accepted this week and I don't even remember dates in January being on the list!  I am in DC and definitely want to take a better look...how long did the events last? I'll have to take a day off work and need to plan as much as I can in advance.  Thanks much!

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admissions/admitted/index.cfm?fuseaction=JD.ShowAllReceptions (Don't know if you can get to that directly)

I would highly recommend coming to DC for one of the open houses if you're at all considering going to Georgetown.  They'll even put you up overnight (with a student, of course).

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2005, 11:04:43 AM »
Thanks!  Looks like I just missed the boat on those, not another one until the end of March!

prospect

• "I'll charm you yet..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2005, 12:21:11 PM »
I don't think coming down to DC for these events is in the cards for me, but my decision tree for Georgetown is set pretty solidly: I don't think the experience of a visit would change whether I attend or not.