Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone go to GULC Admitted Students Days?  (Read 1145 times)

ethelmag

• View Profile
Anyone go to GULC Admitted Students Days?
« on: January 29, 2005, 10:15:31 AM »
I got accepted to Georgetown, but didn't get the letter until last Monday so I couldn't make it to admitted students days Thursday and Friday. Did anyone go? How was it? Thanks!

!@#$%

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone go to GULC Admitted Students Days?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 11:09:36 AM »
::raising hand::  It was excellent.  I *highly* recommend you go to the next one.  They put on a top-notch dog and pony show.  Plus, you get 3 free meals, a hat and a mug.

After that, I'm not so certain that Georgetown isn't my top choice now.

alibami_z

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 01:50:05 AM »
::raising hand::  It was excellent.  I *highly* recommend you go to the next one.  They put on a top-notch dog and pony show.  Plus, you get 3 free meals, a hat and a mug.

Does that mean GULC is your top choice now?

I also went to the Open House and highly recommend going.  I attended a Civil Procedures class w/Prof. Mezey, which I thoroughly enjoyed.  I had a good time, learned a lot about the school, and confirmed my initial impressions about the school.  I'm now 99% sure it's where I'll be going and am getting very excited about it.

BTW, did you have any specific questions you wanted answered regarding the Open House or GULC?
Georgetown University Law Center
Class of 2008

melissamw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 05:37:32 PM »

Me too!  I was very impressed by the facilities, the students, the faculty!!  I am still slightly concerned by employment numbers, but that is just based on the rep on here and xoxo.

ethelmag

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 06:17:37 PM »
I don't really have any specific questions, just curious about the general vibe. I'm glad to hear everyone enjoyed it, since I will almost certainly go there.

I'm thinking about visiting at some time other than an open house day, on the theory that I'll get a better understanding of the school when people aren't dancing around trying to show me how great it is. But maybe it doesn't make that much of a difference.

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 06:36:53 PM »
When is the next open house?  I just got accepted this week and I don't even remember dates in January being on the list!  I am in DC and definitely want to take a better look...how long did the events last? I'll have to take a day off work and need to plan as much as I can in advance.  Thanks much!

prospect

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I'll charm you yet..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 09:17:48 AM »
I'll probably attend the one in NYC on 3/2.

!@#$%

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2005, 12:51:50 PM »
When is the next open house?  I just got accepted this week and I don't even remember dates in January being on the list!  I am in DC and definitely want to take a better look...how long did the events last? I'll have to take a day off work and need to plan as much as I can in advance.  Thanks much!

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admissions/admitted/index.cfm?fuseaction=JD.ShowAllReceptions (Don't know if you can get to that directly)

I would highly recommend coming to DC for one of the open houses if you're at all considering going to Georgetown.  They'll even put you up overnight (with a student, of course).

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2005, 01:04:43 PM »
Thanks!  Looks like I just missed the boat on those, not another one until the end of March!

prospect

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I'll charm you yet..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2005, 02:21:11 PM »
I don't think coming down to DC for these events is in the cards for me, but my decision tree for Georgetown is set pretty solidly: I don't think the experience of a visit would change whether I attend or not.