Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I can't take it anymore  (Read 2647 times)

alkiremays

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I can't take it anymore
« on: January 28, 2005, 09:40:18 AM »
Why is this taking so long?  My top pick has had my completed file since 1/3 and according to the person who answers the phone, my app hasn't even gone to committee yet.  I can't stand this anymore.  I'm not working, I'm just looking at LSN and discussion boards.  This isn't a good sign, is it?  Someone please calm me down.

JoAnna

• View Profile
Re: I can't take it anymore
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 02:10:56 PM »
I'm not working, I'm just looking at LSN and discussion boards. 

LOL - WELCOME TO MY WORLD! You sound like I did a few days ago, and my apps have only been in and complete since 1/10 (no, I haven't heard anything yet!) I've been told that it takes anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks for decisions to be made. I've been volunteering every single day just to keep myself sane. And I have a trip to see my family planned for next weekend (although it's killing me to be away from the mailbox!) Hang in there!
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

swagger

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Swagger008
    • View Profile
    • LSN for stats
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 02:27:40 PM »
You both have a very long wait, so go ahead and relax.  I have been complete at my top choices since late October and have heard nothing since.  Judging by LSN, this long of a delay is fairly common.

alkiremays

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 02:54:51 PM »
Thanks for responding.  I was begining to think everyone thought I was nuts.  I expected a wait but I'm a little confused by them having my completed file for 4 weeks and still not even sending it to committee.  Given what they've told me (4-6 weeks from the time its complete), they have 2 weeks to get it to committee, make a decision, and notify me.  I think I'll get fired pretty soon if I don't quit obsessing.

Highway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 03:27:11 PM »
I just found out my app was complete this week. Personally, I hope I don't hear anything until at least March! If I get an envelope any earlier, I'd be worried it's a rejection.

The way I look at is that I know my app is complete. There is nothing more for me to do now except wait. I like that. All of the pressure is now off of me to continuously check LSAC, make a zillion phone calls to my undergrad and grad schools regarding transcripts, continue to push my LOR writers, etc.

I'm finally breathing because I am waiting.

Jeff

angmill08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 06:19:08 AM »
I am also finding this waiting period to be very stressful. Reading these boards may be pushing my stress up to a fever pitch, but I can't stay away. You are not alone!
164/3.46 Undergrad GPA, graduated college in 1996.
Applied: UT Austin (ED), Univ. of Houston, George Washington U & American U.
Accepted: Univ. of Houston, GW, American
Attending: GW, Fall 2006

WOMBAT

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2005, 11:44:33 AM »
They don't want to overlook all of the awesome late-comers - like me - before making an informed decision!
 ;)

Seriously though, nothin' you can do. Gentlemen, why don't you have a pepsi?

alkiremays

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2005, 11:46:43 AM »
Great attitude Wombat!  But I don't get the pepsi reference.  I'm old.

NeverForever

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2005, 11:58:30 AM »
Yeah, I think the long wait period is pretty ordinary. I applied in October and I'm still waiting. One of my schools hasn't even started to make decisions yet.

I also think the wait has to do with numbers. The schools with the longest wait seem to be those where your numbers are medicore. Not good enough for an auto-admit, but not so low they require a quick rejection.

WOMBAT

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2005, 02:38:13 PM »
Pepsi reference was vague...

I don't know why, but this post reminded me of the movie, "Spies Like Us," where the guys are standing around at the abandoned movie theater. They stare at each other blankly, until their host suggests "gentlemen, why don't you have a pepsi."

When they start to pour the pepsi, the floor changes to a platform and they fall 800 mph to a secret underground bunker.

I guess I view all of us here at LSD as two guys staring at each other blankly, then falling really fast.

:D

Wait a minute, do I need to see a shrink? :o

Yeah, waiting is no fun... but you can't tear yourself up about it. Have a pepsi.