Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Contacting Law Schools  (Read 699 times)

jim411

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Contacting Law Schools
« on: January 28, 2005, 08:38:13 AM »
I called two law schools this week (Pace and New York Law) and they mentioned that the decision is in the mail.  I did not ask what the decision was but I was wondering if I should have.  Do you know if they would tell you over the phone is you were accepted or rejected.  I fear that I was not accepted because of my low LSAT score.  I am trying to resist the urge to call them back to see if they would tell me but I guess I can wait until the mail comes.

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Contacting Law Schools
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 09:23:36 AM »
I called two law schools this week (Pace and New York Law) and they mentioned that the decision is in the mail.  I did not ask what the decision was but I was wondering if I should have.  Do you know if they would tell you over the phone is you were accepted or rejected.  I fear that I was not accepted because of my low LSAT score.  I am trying to resist the urge to call them back to see if they would tell me but I guess I can wait until the mail comes.

Call them. It's perfectly appropriate.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Contacting Law Schools
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 09:34:17 AM »
If they didn't tell you when you called, they probably won't tell you when you call back.

Some schools policies in place where they cannot/will not share a decision over the phone, whether it's good or bad.

And some schools may call acceptees, but they may not tell you over the phone that you're rejected (I'm absolutely not suggesting that you didn't get in, I'm just giving it as a possibility, especially in light of UVA and Duke and other schools that specifically call admits, but don't call/notify by phone waitlists or rejections)