Law School Discussion

!@!!!!! Stanford!!!!!!

maricutie

Re: !@!!!!! Stanford!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2005, 11:48:39 AM »
Ok, don't take this the wrong way but are you kidding? 3.8/172/URM (and 2nd most desired URM...) and you only thought you could get into boalt? That alone is an auto admit for at least 2 of the top 10...........

Yeah, seriously. Your undergrad might prevent you getting all three HYS, but they might be willing to overlook that. Wow.   

FYI, we're third. Blacks > Native americans > Latino. And it depends on where he's from (Cuban, Mexican, etc)

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2005, 11:57:06 AM »
what if you're a hispanic-native american?  I used to date a guy like that, he's studying for his LSATs now...

maricutie

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2005, 11:59:33 AM »
what if you're a hispanic-native american?  I used to date a guy like that, he's studying for his LSATs now...

Ooo. Good point. Maybe you get bumped up to 1.5.  ;)

Infoolio

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2005, 12:15:19 PM »
Ok, don't take this the wrong way but are you kidding? 3.8/172/URM (and 2nd most desired URM...) and you only thought you could get into boalt? That alone is an auto admit for at least 2 of the top 10...........

Yeah, seriously. Your undergrad might prevent you getting all three HYS, but they might be willing to overlook that. Wow.   

FYI, we're third. Blacks > Native americans > Latino. And it depends on where he's from (Cuban, Mexican, etc)

I'm not trying to be mean, just stating facts. Even if you were Caucasian with those numbers you're bound to get into somewhere in the top 10. Having URM status solidifies it.

I'd be curious to know what % of applicants were af-am/nat amr/hispanic

maricutie

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2005, 01:58:44 PM »

I'm not trying to be mean, just stating facts. Even if you were Caucasian with those numbers you're bound to get into somewhere in the top 10. Having URM status solidifies it.

Hmm. I didn't take it that way. Hopefully it didn't seem like I had ... I actually agree with you! There are maybe less than 10 or 20 people in the nation with similar stats and background.

As for the stats ... I want to refer to the Mich case, but I don't know if refers to non-Mich applicants. 

'lit

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2005, 03:42:55 PM »
I am so happy.....   hoorayness. 

congratulations! i really like that word, hoorayness. might borrow.

edit: i guess it sounds kinda like "her anus" when you say it out loud

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2005, 04:00:48 PM »
I am so happy.....   hoorayness. 

congratulations! i really like that word, hoorayness. might borrow.

edit: i guess it sounds kinda like "her anus" when you say it out loud

hehe,
maybe you should just borrow for emails and posts.
;)

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2005, 04:01:55 PM »

I realize this NOW, but In September/October I had no idea.

My GPA is actually a bit low for Stanford. My LSAT is acceptible, but not a clincher.
Also, I looked on their website where it lists the institutions from which their students hail, and I didn't see any Cal State Universities.
As for URM, I'm not sure Stanford knows. I checked the box, if there was one, but I didn't make a big deal about it.

OP, I didn't mean to sidetrack your thread. Sorry.
Once again, well done. I have a feeling I'm in for some cold winters in Cambridge or Chicago, while you'll be soaking up the rays in Palo Alto. Congrats.

Infoolio

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2005, 07:26:57 PM »

Hmm. I didn't take it that way. Hopefully it didn't seem like I had ... I actually agree with you! There are maybe less than 10 or 20 people in the nation with similar stats and background.

As for the stats ... I want to refer to the Mich case, but I don't know if refers to non-Mich applicants. 

No I didn't take it this way I just try to work hard to avoid sounding racist/anti-AA. When you look at how few people there are (hence, minority) applying with such good numbers (better than mine), it's damn right they get in. I was just surprised Boalt was the only one alpha thought would hand out an acceptance :)