Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2nd choice becomes 1st (again)  (Read 1377 times)

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
2nd choice becomes 1st (again)
« on: January 27, 2005, 11:20:00 PM »
Well, I put a lot of thought in this, and Western (after a long hiatus) is becoming fast my first choice again for various reasons. 

Of course, I have not been admitted to Osgoode yet (if at all!) so at this point, this choice is largely academic, but the more I think about it, the more I see myself ending up at UWO.  I'm not sure what the purpose of this thread is, except that I can't wait until September and all of this process is completely and utterly behind me.
No longer here.

SilverDolt

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2nd choice becomes 1st (again)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 09:21:15 AM »
I'm torn between Osgoode and Western too. I'll probably go to Osgoode though, because I don't have enough money to move out. All things being equal, I would have chosen Western.

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 11:26:43 AM »
for what its worth, i know someone who went to western for undergrad, and now is at Osgoode law.

And now they are extremely unhappy at osgoode - and regret not choosing western for law.

Praetor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Proud Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 11:51:29 AM »
One of the appealing things about Osgoode is the freedom in choosing courses. There are no required courses after first year. Western, on the other hand, has the most rigid prgram. That pretty much rules it out for me.

My ranking right now is Osgoode-Queens, but that's likely to change.

Tino

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 01:51:20 PM »
Ya I'm torn between Oz and Western as well...I'll probably end up at Oz but it would be nice to get away and from what I hear Western has one of the best campus lifes....

But....this will all change if I get accepted at UofT  :-\

Seems like things are way more competitive this year than in years past....ah well..

-Tino

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 03:46:49 PM »
One of the appealing things about Osgoode is the freedom in choosing courses. There are no required courses after first year. Western, on the other hand, has the most rigid prgram. That pretty much rules it out for me.

My ranking right now is Osgoode-Queens, but that's likely to change.

Yeah, the mandatory courses at UWO really don't bother me at all.  In fact, I think this is a good thing.

Speaking of Queen's, I am really surprised that I didn't hear anything from them except that they recieved my file way back when.  I kind of find this strange; I actually thought I'd recieve something from them before Western.  It doesn't really matter as Queen's is my distant third choice, but I'm kind of curious as to why this is.
No longer here.