Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fordham Waitlist  (Read 8845 times)

Phillip79

• ICQ Messenger - 0
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PhillipBach79
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Phillip_Bach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fordham Waitlist
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2004, 10:30:45 AM »
I was waitlisted with a 3.78/162/168.

I don't follow...was that a 3.78 in "television observation" or something?  one should have a fighting chance at Columbia or NYU with those numbers...definitely Boalt or Cornell
I totally agree, you must have filled out your app in crayon and spilled apple juice all over it not to get in with those numbers.

I think you're underestimating how hard it is to get into Columbia and NYU.  A 162/168 split does NOT give you much of a chance at those schools.  Their 25th-75th percentiles are 168-173, and yes, a few points can make a huge difference with thousands of applicants.  Even if you score in the 167-173 range, you're not guaranteed a spot by any means. 

r_poster

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2004, 11:14:38 AM »
Add me to the waitlist bunch.  My numbers were similar to "louder than bombs" but not good enough for the crazy competition this year.  I'm not crying too much.  I got into all my top 10/20 schools (some with buckets of money) but was waitlisted at two of my lower ranked schools.

It's Fordham's right to take me or not take me, but the status check waitlist/rejections are TTT.  If they are going to do that, it ought to be interactive; they should let us respond with a Y|N to waitlists with a little form submit toggle button.  That way people don't have to debate paying the extra $0.37 for further torture. 

jas9999

• Sr. Citizen
  • Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2004, 01:52:44 PM »
just got an email, literally a minute ago, saying i'm in. so they're reviewing the waitlist now...

Ivy_Bound

• IVY Class of '07
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2004, 01:58:09 PM »
Yup.  i just checked my email and i was admitted also.

good luck to everyone!
Columbia or Stanford?

jas9999

• Sr. Citizen
  • Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2004, 02:03:45 PM »
is the 142 a typo, ivy_bound?

i love this:
--
        I am very pleased to inform you that you have been accepted as a Day     division student in the Fordham University School of Law fall 2004 entering class.
--

they can't spend two seconds fixing the spacing on their template??

(edit: it doesn't show up as well here, but there's a gap after "day" where they could also insert 'evening' if applicable...)

Rubin

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2004, 03:13:37 PM »
I gave them a call last week: accepted  ;) (in LLM)
But I'm still waiting for the letter lol