Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fordham Waitlist  (Read 9153 times)

xrayspec

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fordham Waitlist
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2004, 06:49:10 PM »
It's just bull - this year and last year were two of the most competitive years for law school applicants in a long time. Had I applied in 2000 or 2001 I would have been able to go anwhere I wanted. Instead, I graduated college to an economy that was just about to decline into a recession/depression, was unable to find work, and now have to 'settle' on attending a school that, quite frankly, I didn't want to go to in the first place.

"England is mine ... it owes me a living"

Louder Than Bombs

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2004, 06:56:31 PM »

Does the body rule the mind, or does the mind rule the body? I don't know....

You just made my day! ;D

Chris

bluesy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2004, 07:28:15 PM »
Chris,
How'd you find out?  On their website or did they send a letter?  Thanks!

deleted1248163264128

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2004, 07:36:16 PM »
Chris-

I'm glad I'm not the only person who's feeling this way.  I haven't heard back from most of my schools yet, but judging from what I've been reading, I'm likely to get dinged or waitlisted at most.  I've been toying with the idea of reapplying next year or if I actually get into one of my safeties, maybe I'll try to kick ass there and then transfer (although I hear mixed reports on how realistic this is).  Any plans to try to transfer?

A friend of mine applying to B-school is telling me to stop being so negative, but it's just not looking good.  Apparently when the economy sucks, B-school apps go way down, but unfortunately I have no interest in that course of action.

Well I know how hard it can be to try to stay positive, but best of luck to everyone!

Louder Than Bombs

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2004, 07:39:59 PM »
Chris,
How'd you find out?  On their website or did they send a letter?  Thanks!

Status check, updated today...

Chris

bluesy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2004, 07:42:50 PM »
Thanks Chris!  Gosh, so do they put rejections on that thing too, something's just wrong about that.  Mine has been saying "complete" for months so I don't know what to think.

Louder Than Bombs

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2004, 07:49:06 PM »
Thanks Chris!  Gosh, so do they put rejections on that thing too, something's just wrong about that.  Mine has been saying "complete" for months so I don't know what to think.

Yeah, it will tell you if you've been accepted or rejected. Good luck...

Chris

blizzard of ozz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.66/163
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2004, 07:49:42 PM »

yep they put up rejections too. i just checked (i got my letter in the mail though).

xrayspec

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2004, 09:20:15 PM »

While disappointment is natural I wouldn't get tangled up in the coulda wouldas. If you had a 3.26 gpa, that was below 25% at both Fordham and GULC so ... it wasn't totally improbable.

As for having to go to a 'last choice' remember --- given the tough admissions scene this year, a lot of people are dropping down a tier. Better qualified applicants means better qualfied students everywhere.

Louder Than Bombs

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2004, 10:53:06 PM »
While disappointment is natural I wouldn't get tangled up in the coulda wouldas. If you had a 3.26 gpa, that was below 25% at both Fordham and GULC so ... it wasn't totally improbable.

As for having to go to a 'last choice' remember --- given the tough admissions scene this year, a lot of people are dropping down a tier. Better qualified applicants means better qualfied students everywhere.

I hear you about GULC, so I wasn't that disappointed, but Fordham...well, all I can say is according to the LSAC Official guide, they accepted about 93% of applicants with my numbers during the 2002 admissions cycle. So, I had thought (obviously erroneously) that I would be an auto-admit despite my relatively low GPA.

I must admit, however, that I am satisfied with my decision to attend St. John's and my scholarship award. I was just a bit disappointed, and I guess the Fordham waitlist was a blow to my ego. However, I do believe that had I applied to more schools and done so early in the cycle, that I would be headed somewhere else.

So, yeah, I don't really have a right to female dog. But, you can't blame me for being disappointed - it's only natural.

Chris