Law School Discussion

Are the Snowball's Chances going up?

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
Are the Snowball's Chances going up?
« on: January 27, 2005, 03:46:17 PM »
I'm seeing a lot of people with AWESOME numbers applying to H & S... but electing not to apply to Y...

Anyone have stats on this?

I know I'm an auto-recejt... but until I get that letter I'm gonna hope ;)

jimmyp

• 3.57/176
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Are the Snowball's Chances going up?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 03:51:22 PM »
I don't have awesome stats but I didn't apply because I didn't want to do the 250 word essay.  I thought it was a good idea on their part actually, to add a requirement that most other schools didn't have.  It weeds out people that don't really care about that school so much, like me.

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 04:02:53 PM »
I'm a dumb ass

Y's class size is like 1/3 H's

well I'll forget I know that and fantasize anyway.

Kiss My Ring

• 4.0/170
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 05:22:45 PM »
I'm seeing a lot of people with AWESOME numbers applying to H & S... but electing not to apply to Y...

Anyone have stats on this?

I know I'm an auto-recejt... but until I get that letter I'm gonna hope ;)

Here's a bit of advice.  STOP BELIEVING

midjeep

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 09:15:13 PM »
Do you have fun being a male private part and ruining people's self-confidence? 

Not that I care that much, but I was just wondering.

The person started an account the other day, and has blasted negative comments left and right. Sadly he/she/it is probably getting a personal "high" from this and this probably constitutes their social interaction for the day.

midjeep

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 09:23:17 PM »
I'm a dumb ass

Keep fantasizing (I mean about HYS for all those perverted minds out there)! Though you may not think it, I bet those WLs for GULC and GWU are signs that they are expecting you to get into way better places (and your stats aren't too shabby). Keep the faith, I'm lighting a candle for you as I speak (plus it will mask the funky smell in my room, Two Birds!)

maricutie

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 09:45:02 PM »
I don't have awesome stats but I didn't apply because I didn't want to do the 250 word essay.  I thought it was a good idea on their part actually, to add a requirement that most other schools didn't have.  It weeds out people that don't really care about that school so much, like me.

The stupid 250 word essay was exactly the reason why i was hesitant to apply in the first place as well. And what do I get after submitting all my apps? An invite to apply. Stupid Yale ... *grumble* ... makes us do more work ... :P

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 09:51:05 PM »
I'm a dumb ass

Keep fantasizing (I mean about HYS for all those perverted minds out there)! Though you may not think it, I bet those WLs for GULC and GWU are signs that they are expecting you to get into way better places (and your stats aren't too shabby). Keep the faith, I'm lighting a candle for you as I speak (plus it will mask the funky smell in my room, Two Birds!)

Thanks buddy ;)
although it's all bull :)

Koga

• K 231, Bitches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 10:17:24 PM »
Snowball?  You naughty, naughty boy!  You may yet land a spot in HYS......

Infoolio

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 10:28:59 PM »
Actually, Yale makes it pretty easy since it's only a 250 word essay, no dean's cert, can pay online/electronic signature

That said I didn't apply because my chance is on par with getting hit by lighting whilst holding the winning superlotto ticket....