Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Arizona State  (Read 627 times)

magicrat

• 163/4.05
    • View Profile
    • Running Through the Darkness
Arizona State
« on: January 26, 2005, 07:44:14 PM »
Received an acceptance letter today from ASU with a nice note from the dean.  I sent out the application electronically on December 20th so it was a pretty nice turnaround.  Went complete on January 7th.

Despite the out-of-state tuition, I still consider ASU to be one of my top schools primarily because of its location and its status as one of only two schools in Arizona and the only school in the Phoenix area.  I'll be visiting ASU and U of Arizona in early March to escape the end of winter in Chicago before making any decisions.
http://www.livejournal.com/~magicrat34/

Accepted & Considering- ASU-10K first year, UAlabama-Half Tuition

Pending & Wondering- U of Illinois

biglarryowens

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • biglarryowens on LSN
    • Email
Re: Arizona State
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 07:47:42 PM »
Congrats!
166/3.58
Attending UT ($)
Yes: USC, Wash U, USD, ASU, William&Mary, Indiana, UofA, UNLV, Illinois, UT Austin
No: NYU, Georgetown, Columbia, Yale, Havard, Penn, Duke
Defer: Cornell
Waitlist: UCLA

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=biglarryowens

Heel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 05:45:17 PM »
How was your correspondance with ASU?  I haven't received anything from them since they acknoledged receipt of my app.  They have requested my LSDAS report (about 2 weeks ago), but I haven't heard whether I'm complete or not.

Thanks,

Heel

magicrat

• 163/4.05
    • View Profile
    • Running Through the Darkness
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 07:25:04 PM »
How was your correspondance with ASU?  I haven't received anything from them since they acknoledged receipt of my app.  They have requested my LSDAS report (about 2 weeks ago), but I haven't heard whether I'm complete or not.

Thanks,

Heel

It took them about 3 weeks to complete my file after requesting the LSDAS stuff.  I received my acceptance letter 23 days later.
http://www.livejournal.com/~magicrat34/

Accepted & Considering- ASU-10K first year, UAlabama-Half Tuition

Pending & Wondering- U of Illinois

lauralynne

• Sr. Citizen
  • '02 PSU Alum
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LangelK
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 03:55:02 PM »
I got my acceptance today (MON).  No note from the dean though :P.  The details are at my LSN link.
I will be a Nittany Lion turned Pitt Panther for 1L 2005.

www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=xpsupiphi

VivaLaMuerte

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 04:02:29 PM »
I don't think I would live in Phoenix.  I only like it for its proximity to nearby areas and general cleanliness.  It's too bad, though, since a relative of mine is in very close with one of the school's board members.

Heel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2005, 04:48:14 PM »
I don't think I would live in Phoenix.  I only like it for its proximity to nearby areas and general cleanliness.  It's too bad, though, since a relative of mine is in very close with one of the school's board members.

LOL  If I get in I'll hand deliver my Letter of Intent within three hours.

Congrats to lauralynne!  You're only a week ahead of me in the process but your numbers are a clearer admit than mine.  (158/3.5, UNC-CH, 7 year military officer)  Maybe the waiting game won't last that much longer...

On a side note, LSN has someone in with a 158/3.19 + out of state.  Is it too soon to get optimistic?