Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The People of LSD v. Julie Fern  (Read 2269 times)

NYKnicks

Re: The People of LSD v. Julie Fern
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2005, 09:50:59 PM »
I'm a big fan of julie fern. 

I have to disagree with you my GPA challenged peer.

TheZooker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2005, 09:58:06 PM »
I think he/she has become a bit of a non-issue.  I for one just don't even read the posts, it takes me too long to wade through the broken English and it's rarely worth it.  For those that do read JF's posts, apparently the whole caveman speak thing doesn't bother them.  To each their own...

ndbisme

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2005, 10:57:02 PM »
Thanks to all the people with a brain we're finally getting there.  Thanks to all that followed through and voiced their intelligent opinions both here and to Andrew.

HURLEY- L.S.D.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2005, 11:21:12 PM »
I think he/she has become a bit of a non-issue.  I for one just don't even read the posts, it takes me too long to wade through the broken English and it's rarely worth it.  For those that do read JF's posts, apparently the whole caveman speak thing doesn't bother them.  To each their own...

I agree with Zooker.  It seems that ignoring most of the idiotic nonsense is the best approach.  I've tried to draw attention to these moderation issues a couple times now but Andrew either doesn't have the database capabilities to moderate property, or he just doesn't care.  Either way, he doesn't seem to be making any efforts toward making things more civilized here.  I've concluded that he just doesn't know that much about running a forum well, or making a web portal profitable or respected for that matter.

Pookie seems to be open to some of our suggestions on making LSD a better place, but in the end she is subject to whatever Andres decides to do.  In my opinion, what really makes LSD a quality place are the quality members.  The more they are pissed at the moderation and administration, the less activity we will see from them, and thus the more visitors will be exposed to the likes of Julie Fern, Downy, and all of the other clowns without an ounce of professionalism in their being.  LSD will soon end up in the "TTT".  :)

I've often thought that a well-run forum devoted to informing pre-law students could be a great basis upon which to launch a profitable small business and build a solid network of people who will one day have the ability to influence society.  If it was administrated well, then it would eventually become a trusted resource to many future generations of pre-law students. 

Why is this important?  Because if you have a well-respected website comprised of several thousand present and future law students then you could start releasing your own rankings, your own admission calculators, and your own published books.  If it was large enough, and done well, then it would have the ability to inform its own community against the mantra spread by USNews every year and to create some real change in the way that people think about law school.

I don't think that Andrew, or most of the more troublesome members at LSD, are interested in such a venture.

HURLEY- L.S.D.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2005, 12:41:10 AM »
I rest my case.   ::)

bradzwest

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2005, 01:08:51 AM »
What's more dangerous to this board...Julie Fern or all the intolerant people who mobilize to squelch any form of dissenting behavior or speech on this board? Whether or not the speech has any value...I don't know... I would say that those who degrade/ridicule non top 100 schools and attack posters are far more injurious to the integrity of this board.  The true bottom line is if Julie/Downy/etc. rub you the wrong way...don't respond.  How many threads that really get nasty do you see where the supposed injured party gives as good as he or she gets?  Some of these threads go on for pages...takes two to tango.  Its NOT Julie Fern creating endless threads about what are the possible implications of Pookie's avatar.  There are a lot of bright people on this board, I value all of their thoughts/opinions regardless if I agree with them.  When I don't agree...I state it/ignore it/and go on with my life.  I'm glad Andrew doesn't just bend in the wind...

DOWNY

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2005, 01:46:18 AM »

unggio

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2005, 04:27:05 AM »
whoa crazy thought popped into my head

what if Downy and Julie team up together, to bash people on LSD?
they find each other irresistible
such as they can not refrain from posting endlessly on each others threads

possibly some sort of internet courting or flirting.
in their hearts Downy and Julie are crazy in love w/ each other.(they jus dont realize it)

they have more similarities than differences.

now that i think bout it, their posts are actually kind of cute and amusing, if u look at them in that context.
2nd yr engineering major

Koga

• Sr. Citizen
  • K 231, Bitches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2005, 06:44:44 AM »
I'm a big fan of julie fern. 

This is what happens when you forget to turn on the fume hood....
Recipient of the SPD Christmas Concussion.