Law School Discussion

jbm4

« on: January 25, 2005, 11:29:54 AM »

Re: In at Utah
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 11:33:58 AM »
Congrats!  Did you just happen to be in the Quinney law building?  Nice!  Reyes is a great guy.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 12:48:58 PM »
Congrats, bro. :)

WitterUin4

• How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 05:37:08 PM »
Congrats. Utah's my number one choice. Tuesday seems to be "admit day."

WitterUin4

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 05:52:57 PM »
Congrats. Utah's my number one choice. Tuesday seems to be "admit day."
Thanks, and good luck to you.  I hope you let them know how much you are interested.  They, more than any other school I know of, are sensitive to being a person's top choice.

By the way, The snowpack at Alta, etc, is better than it has been in a very long time!
  I did have a butterfly-filled conversation with Dean Aguilar (Reyes) where I told him that.  I was such a dork, though!  I'm probably an auto-reject now. LOL. My file's only been complete since the 21st, though, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised I haven't heard anything. Patience. Patience. It sounds like you're at the U then, right? Or not? Do they know you're applying & getting admitted to all those other top schools? Guess they don't care?

WitterUin4

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 06:34:46 PM »
Ok, and I'm going on the record again as saying I am NOT anti-Mormon; rather, I am pro-diversity.  It's my human rights background.

WitterUin4

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 08:01:51 PM »
Ok, and I'm going on the record again as saying I am NOT anti-Mormon; rather, I am pro-diversity.  It's my human rights background.

I'm glad to hear that I don't risk tarring and feathering at your hands. ;)  Just to let you know.  Utah is about 70% Mormon.  SLC is just under 50%.  And I would guess the law school is around 35-40% LDS.

Right. A couple of folks on here thought I was anti-Mormon because I was asking about diversity and being a non-Mormon at the U.

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 09:08:11 PM »
Jbm, I think mwittUin4 can handle Utah. I mean, she already can manage Idaho!  ;)

(Here's sending good thoughts your way, my friend mwittUin4)

WitterUin4

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2005, 09:21:00 PM »
Jbm, I think mwittUin4 can handle Utah. I mean, she already can manage Idaho!  ;)

(Here's sending good thoughts your way, my friend mwittUin4)

Thanks, Rocky! And, yes, Idaho has a similar demographic. Well, not 70 percent LDS, except maybe in Eastern Idaho, but there's a sigificant Mormon population. I can handle it. No tarring and feathering.

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2005, 09:45:44 PM »
Congrats, bro. You deserve it.