Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SMU Wait List  (Read 2580 times)

GMT

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
SMU Wait List
« on: May 03, 2002, 08:27:23 AM »
Does anyone have information on the SMU wait list?

Ryan

Re: SMU Wait List
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 04:51:17 PM »
Here is some really good information about SMU that a friend of mine gave me.  By the way, I was rejected by SMU and accepted at UT - go figure - Law School admission is crazy this year!
Here's some really good information a friend passed along to me:

"If you were really hoping to get into SMU and wanting to go there, you might want to call and inquire about your rejection. The same thing happened
to a friend a couple of years ago and this is what she did ... she called the dean of the law school and asked her why she didn't get in The dean offered her several options which was to retake the LSAT before the next school year and ifshe got a certain score then she was automatically in, wait another year and take it again and reapply, or to get into the reduced load program at SMU. I don't know if you have ever heard of the reduced load program, but basically it takes four years to finish instead of three and that is the only difference. So if you are at all interested in going to SMU, it couldn't
hurt to call and see if you can reapply for the reduced load program (but I'm not sure if you would even have to reapply, maybe they could just consider your application for that program). If you call an counselor there, they might be able to help you out or let you know if that is an option. But if you don't mark on your application that you are applying for the reduced load program and the normal program, you won't even be considered for the reduced load program. I hope this all makes sense."