Law School Discussion

Georgetown online status check??

JDubs

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Georgetown online status check??
« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2005, 03:09:22 PM »
went to decision today, very quick turnaround (complete on 2/3).  guessing that means a ding but who knows.

how long did the decision take to arrive?

« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2005, 03:13:34 PM »
went to decision today, very quick turnaround (complete on 2/3).  guessing that means a ding but who knows.

I am so jealous of you guys! Georgetown just wants to make me squirm hoping against hope that there's a chance for me. Evil admissions people!

Love,
Q

kterrious

« Reply #172 on: February 16, 2005, 06:29:57 PM »
J duds,
  I'm jealous of you, I've been at complete for over a month now.  I bet you probably got in if it moved that fast, doubt they'd reject anyone that fast, there's no way.  I'm a 164, 3.58, hoping to hear soon.  It can take anywhere from 4 days to 1 week for the letter.  In 4 business days, if you can't log into the admitted student site w. your login and password from the status check, then don't go out and buy your GULC sweatshirt....

lanen

« Reply #173 on: February 16, 2005, 10:02:51 PM »
I applied in mid Jan. and was complete in 2 weeks. Does that mean I should be hearing soon?

JDubs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: February 17, 2005, 03:04:20 AM »
J duds,
  I'm jealous of you, I've been at complete for over a month now.  I bet you probably got in if it moved that fast, doubt they'd reject anyone that fast, there's no way.  I'm a 164, 3.58, hoping to hear soon.  It can take anywhere from 4 days to 1 week for the letter.  In 4 business days, if you can't log into the admitted student site w. your login and password from the status check, then don't go out and buy your GULC sweatshirt....

Thanks for the encouragement.  Hoping the work experience, LORs tilted things in my favor!

Spacebot7000

• Moondust will cover you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2005, 07:05:11 AM »
Went to "Decision" on-line 2/11. Got acceptance letter yesterday 2/16, postmarked 2/14. Yay! My first acceptance! I didn't massively screw-up my application!

kterrious

« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2005, 10:27:05 AM »
hey, congrats...were you ft or pt??  170 seems to be the magic number for GULC if your GPa is above a 3.0...

Spacebot7000

• Moondust will cover you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2005, 11:42:46 AM »
I applied for full-time. They take the higher LSAT when it's 10+ points higher, so that helps. According to the girl who gave me the tour ft and pt are two separate worlds, which seems odd. The international law program also seems to be a separate universe, or some kind of Masons club.

twelvehundred

« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2005, 11:47:00 AM »
I applied for full-time. They take the higher LSAT when it's 10+ points higher, so that helps. According to the girl who gave me the tour ft and pt are two separate worlds, which seems odd. The international law program also seems to be a separate universe, or some kind of Masons club.

That's a huge jump.  How did you improve your score so significantly?

« Reply #179 on: February 17, 2005, 11:54:58 AM »
The international law program also seems to be a separate universe, or some kind of Masons club.

Cool!  I always wanted to be a Mason!  After my uncle got kicked out of the Stonecutters, I've vowed to work my way into a Secret Society to avenge our family.  " Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night? I do!  I do!"