Law School Discussion

Georgetown online status check??

Erapitt

• View Profile
Re: Georgetown online status check??
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2005, 07:21:42 AM »
I caved and called to check up and see what was going on.  I am so irritated b/c they still haven't completed my file.  Basically, the ppl. haven't put everything together and forwarded it to the admissions committee.  She was like "don't worry."  Well, damn, the longer it takes to get to the committe the less spots that will be left.

kterrious

« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2005, 07:24:28 AM »
If she said "don't worry," maybe it's a good sign for you dude.  Everyone on here who has called Georgetown seemingly has gotten a positive result....did she say anything about how long it's gonna take them to make a decision?  Maybe I'll shoot an e-mail and see if I can get a response......

Erapitt

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2005, 09:28:57 AM »
There aren't any good signs lol.  My application hasn't gone to the committee for review yet.  They are behind in processing them.

Neub

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2005, 09:32:12 AM »
Can anyone that has been accepted vouch for the "4 days after acceptance" period at which point the accepted student site opens up? I'm getting nervous but at the same time, I've learned from the online status check to be weary of dates.

« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2005, 09:56:12 AM »
I can.  Got a letter on Jan. 24, tried the site on Jan. 28 and it worked.

« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2005, 10:12:10 AM »
That happened to me - no time stamp change, but my status change.  I think they update the status more often than they update the time stamp.

I just want my freaking letter!

If you went to decision but do not have a letter within five days, send admissions an email or call them. Is Gtown your first choice?

« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2005, 10:15:17 AM »
That happened to me - no time stamp change, but my status change.  I think they update the status more often than they update the time stamp.

I just want my freaking letter!

If you went to decision but do not have a letter within five days, send admissions an email or call them. Is Gtown your first choice?

Ummm, feeling sheepish now b/c I got all bothered about a school that in fact is not my first choice.  :o

« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2005, 10:26:50 AM »
Yeah, the admitted students site definitely opens 4 days after you're accepted. I live in California, and managed to sign on to the site before my acceptance letter came in the mail.

Neub

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2005, 02:42:09 PM »
Well now I guess I have a reason to be naurotic about the admit site.  My status changed to decision last wednesday and I was hoping at the very latest (four business days) it would open up today. I guess I'll brace myself for the lettter.

Ambs

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2005, 03:18:56 PM »
Has anyone seen an update today? Mine still says 1/31?