Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is deadline received by or Postmarked by  (Read 390 times)

shao2007

• View Profile
Is deadline received by or Postmarked by
« on: January 24, 2005, 07:03:45 PM »
Applying to NYU and Brooklyn Law, both apps are due Feb. 1. Need to know if the deadline is postmarked date, or the date the school should have it by. It's after 5 and their offices are closed need to find out tonight.

Thank you

c130nav

Re: Is deadline received by or Postmarked by
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 07:44:14 PM »
Not sure about the schools you mentioned but UF is postmarked. 

BC 3L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Is deadline received by or Postmarked by
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 04:51:03 AM »
good question.  i thin, most schools it is received by.  for some (i am thinking of cornell here) your file has to be complete by the due date, which means you need it sent in well before). 

you'll need to check the schools website/policy.

for brooklyn:

Regular Review
Category I
Complete applications with all required credentials received by February 1, 2005 will receive first consideration for places in the 2005 entering class. Applicants must take the LSAT no later than the December 2004 test date for Category I evaluation.

Category II
Complete applications with all required credentials received between February 2, 2005 and April 1, 2005 will receive second consideration for places in the 2005 entering class. Applicants must take the LSAT no later than the February 2005 test date. Admission requirements for this group of applicants typically will be higher than the requirements for Category I.

Category III
Complete applications with all required credientials received between April 2, 2005 and the middle of August 2005 will be considered after Categories I and II.

Applicants who take the LSAT administered in June 2005 are eligible for fall admission. However, such applicants should bear in mind that, since June test scores are not reported until mid-July, very few entering class places are available by that time. Admission requirements for Category III applicants typically will be higher than the requirements for Categories I and II.

so it looks like you will be in category II unless lsac is really fast.

for nyu it is the same:

Regular
File and complete application by February 1
Notification by late April

Applicants who complete applications between October 15 and February 1 will receive decisions - admit, deny, or wait list - by late April.

If your application is not complete by February 1, we will try to respond within eight weeks of its completion, but we cannot guarantee a decision by a particular date. Please note that the Committee on Admissions may choose to return applications filed after the February 1 deadline.

Applicants must take the Law School Admission Test no later than December 2004. The oldest score we will accept is from the October 2000 LSAT administration.

Final decisions for some of those placed on the wait list may not be made until late summer.

Applicants who wish to be considered for any of the Law School’s scholarship or fellowship programs should complete their applications by January 1.

hth