Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stanford Ding  (Read 4517 times)

Are we there yet?

• Sr. Citizen
  • We should all do our part...
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stanford Ding
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2005, 11:30:09 AM »
Not that I would go to Harvard anyway, but I wish they'd send my reject letter already so that I can solidify sls plans. Yale might turn my head, but I have a feeling that they're taking their sweet time. I remember thinking that if I had a shot at any of the three it would probably be Y b/c they went to the trouble of sending me an invite to apply ... but I too am pretty sold on Stanford at this point. We're going to start again with the snow soon, so I just want to get out of the midwest.

Please explain...you wouldn't attend Harvard anyway, but you need their reject letter so you can make other plans? If you know you're not going to attend why does it matter? Just curious.

maricutie

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2005, 11:40:21 AM »
Please explain...you wouldn't attend Harvard anyway, but you need their reject letter so you can make other plans? If you know you're not going to attend why does it matter? Just curious.

It's really very minor, actually ... i'm just whining because there's like a 5% I'd choose harvard over stanford, but a harvard acceptance would mean that I'd be fool not to go visit, do some research on the faculty, quality of life in massachusetts, etc. But I know that there are people for whom Harvard is their number one choice, so I hope the acceptances get to the right people.  :)

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2005, 11:57:20 AM »

Ok, commence your discussions about whether you would prefer to attend Harvard or Stanford.

Did we hijack this young lady's thread?

That was certainly not my intent.

Having said that, if I were to have to decide between H/Y/S I think it would be mainly a location based decision. It would be much more convenient for me to go to Stanford than to have to move back east. And I'd probably go to H over Y, because the job prospects for my S.O. are much better in Boston than New Haven.

No harm no foul. I just thought it was really funny that my thread about getting rejected from Stanford turned into three people who have gotten into Stanford debating whether they would prefer it vs. Harvard and Yale.

Oh bitter irony, why do you mock me? :)

lol  :)

headlesschicken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2005, 12:45:57 PM »
sorry 'bout the hijacking. guess we're all obsessing over things these days ....
179/3.97 (Top3)
Total payments to Yale, 1999-2008: >$250,000

hiya02

• 3.8/164 :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2005, 11:10:05 PM »
Ring-a-ding, me too.  Got it today. :(

Tortman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2005, 07:26:28 PM »
I bet they really enjoyed dinging me.  Got the letter today.  I guess my numbers are a split for Stanford, but seriously, D-A-M-N!

I didn't want to go to the Bay Area anyways, for personal reasons, but it's still a surprise.  And I got into Columbia in the same batch of mail, so I don't feel as bad, or something like that.  Yeah.

180 / 3.67

photogrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2005, 07:29:56 PM »
Wow, 180 and a ding, that's pretty surprising.  What else do they want in an applicant, perhaps a firstborn child? Sorry to hear about it, but congrats on Columbia!
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=stkit2theman

I am not permanent
And the only thing keeping me dry is where i am

alphalyrae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2005, 07:47:06 PM »
I bet they really enjoyed dinging me.  Got the letter today.  I guess my numbers are a split for Stanford, but seriously, D-A-M-N!

I didn't want to go to the Bay Area anyways, for personal reasons, but it's still a surprise.  And I got into Columbia in the same batch of mail, so I don't feel as bad, or something like that.  Yeah.

180 / 3.67

Yeah, I really think Stanford values GPA more than LSAT (compared to other schools).
They probably did enjoy it, the bastards.
3.81/172
In: Harvard, Boalt, Chicago, Columbia, Michigan, Penn
Waitlisted: Stanford
Rejected: Yale

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alphalyrae

AMB22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2005, 11:04:05 PM »
Got my rejection letter today in PA. Completely expected.