Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stanford Ding  (Read 4779 times)

alphalyrae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Stanford Ding
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2005, 06:36:40 PM »
It's good to know that S is finally sending out the dings.
Now I can brace myself for it. I can't wait.
It will be a relief to just get the damm rejection letter finally so I can start planning my move to Cambridge.

Come on, Mailman!

Bastards will probably string me along til April though.
They should have an early reject option like they have an early admit, like a box you check that says "I wish to be either admitted or rejected by Feb 1."

Letter came today in mail. 

In light of this revelation, I am REALLY glad I didn't waste my money on a Harvard, Yale, Columbia or NYU application.   :D

Um actually Harvard, Columbia and NYU are all better odds than Stanford.
Your money might have been well spent at all 3.
3.81/172
In: Harvard, Boalt, Chicago, Columbia, Michigan, Penn
Waitlisted: Stanford
Rejected: Yale

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alphalyrae

Infoolio

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2005, 07:29:15 PM »
It's good to know that S is finally sending out the dings.
Now I can brace myself for it. I can't wait.
It will be a relief to just get the damm rejection letter finally so I can start planning my move to Cambridge.

Come on, Mailman!

Bastards will probably string me along til April though.
They should have an early reject option like they have an early admit, like a box you check that says "I wish to be either admitted or rejected by Feb 1."

Letter came today in mail. 

In light of this revelation, I am REALLY glad I didn't waste my money on a Harvard, Yale, Columbia or NYU application.   :D

Um actually Harvard, Columbia and NYU are all better odds than Stanford.
Your money might have been well spent at all 3.

Would it be that tough of a decision? Harvard is a more prestigious school (despite the +1 rank it's been around a lot longer/better east coast rep).  I guess the weather would be a toss up :)

headlesschicken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2005, 07:35:42 PM »
There are many factors other than prestige that one should consider in deciding on a law school .... Taken together, I would say that Stanford/Harvard is a tough decision for most people (although I knew right away when I got into both that Stanford was much better for me.)
179/3.97 (Top3)
Total payments to Yale, 1999-2008: >$250,000

photogrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2005, 12:18:58 AM »
Well, even *if* I would have gotten into H/NYU/Columbia, I am sick and tired of cold weather so it's off to California for me.  Now, if only a law school there would follow suit and let me in.

Also, judging from 2003-2004's LSN, the chances of me getting into any one of those schools is slim to none.  But I'll take all the ego stroking in the world  :)

Ok, commence your discussions about whether you would prefer to attend Harvard or Stanford.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=stkit2theman

I am not permanent
And the only thing keeping me dry is where i am

Infoolio

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2005, 12:19:33 AM »
There are many factors other than prestige that one should consider in deciding on a law school .... Taken together, I would say that Stanford/Harvard is a tough decision for most people (although I knew right away when I got into both that Stanford was much better for me.)

If Yale comes through (which wouldn't surprise given your perfect numbers/ivy undergrad) you still gonna go with Stanford?

headlesschicken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2005, 12:34:41 AM »
If Yale comes through, I'm about 85% sure I'll still choose Stanford. Especially after they announced the hiring of Lawrence Marshall last week. I'm pretty psyched about their clinical programs and the new centers for criminal justice and constitutional law.
179/3.97 (Top3)
Total payments to Yale, 1999-2008: >$250,000

alphalyrae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2005, 01:36:08 AM »

Ok, commence your discussions about whether you would prefer to attend Harvard or Stanford.

Did we hijack this young lady's thread?

That was certainly not my intent.

Having said that, if I were to have to decide between H/Y/S I think it would be mainly a location based decision. It would be much more convenient for me to go to Stanford than to have to move back east. And I'd probably go to H over Y, because the job prospects for my S.O. are much better in Boston than New Haven.
3.81/172
In: Harvard, Boalt, Chicago, Columbia, Michigan, Penn
Waitlisted: Stanford
Rejected: Yale

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alphalyrae

maximumtennis82

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2005, 02:07:02 AM »

Am 83% sure I will pick Stanford over Harvard...just seems to be a much better fit for me...admissions weekend (and that pending Yale app scenario) will be the decider for me...

maricutie

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2005, 10:30:08 AM »
Not that I would go to Harvard anyway, but I wish they'd send my reject letter already so that I can solidify sls plans. Yale might turn my head, but I have a feeling that they're taking their sweet time. I remember thinking that if I had a shot at any of the three it would probably be Y b/c they went to the trouble of sending me an invite to apply ... but I too am pretty sold on Stanford at this point. We're going to start again with the snow soon, so I just want to get out of the midwest.

photogrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2005, 11:18:35 AM »

Did we hijack this young lady's thread?

That was certainly not my intent.

Having said that, if I were to have to decide between H/Y/S I think it would be mainly a location based decision. It would be much more convenient for me to go to Stanford than to have to move back east. And I'd probably go to H over Y, because the job prospects for my S.O. are much better in Boston than New Haven.

No harm no foul.  I just thought it was really funny that my thread about getting rejected from Stanford turned into three people who have gotten into Stanford debating whether they would prefer it vs. Harvard and Yale. 

Oh bitter irony, why do you mock me?  :)
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=stkit2theman

I am not permanent
And the only thing keeping me dry is where i am