Law School Discussion

In at U Colorado

Re: In at U Colorado
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 04:05:02 PM »
it is easy to gain residence in CO for 2nd and 3rd year of law school.

Woa, I'm sorry but I disagree. I am finishing undergrad here at CU, I'm from Boulder so I've always been in-state, but I have many friends who've tried to get in-state and they say it's a nightmare! The soonest anyone I knew was able to get residency was after 2 1/2 years, and that was after a serious effort on his part. I think the laws do change a little bit if you're over 22 or 23, but I say definitely look into it, this is the first place I've ever heard anyone describe the process as easy! Good luck. :)

foxnewssucks

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 04:10:50 PM »
it is easy to gain residence in CO for 2nd and 3rd year of law school.

Woa, I'm sorry but I disagree. I am finishing undergrad here at CU, I'm from Boulder so I've always been in-state, but I have many friends who've tried to get in-state and they say it's a nightmare! The soonest anyone I knew was able to get residency was after 2 1/2 years, and that was after a serious effort on his part. I think the laws do change a little bit if you're over 22 or 23, but I say definitely look into it, this is the first place I've ever heard anyone describe the process as easy! Good luck. :)

Woa, you can't compare the UG and LS residency.

foxnewssucks

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 04:17:36 PM »
this is from their website:

To be eligible for in-state classification, applicants must establish domicile (legal residence) in Colorado one year prior to the first day of class for the term for which in-state status is sought. Note: students may establish their residency while enrolled in the school of law.

YOU CAN GET IT 2nd and 3rd year if you want to be a Colorado resident.  the reason why fluffy's friends cant get it is most likely because they are classified as dependents with their parents living out of state.

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2005, 04:27:22 PM »
Well, I stand corrected. Although I guess they should do something to make up for the ungodly cost of living in Boulder!!

Man that's really convenient, I wish Texas would be as nice to their out-of-state law students =[

To be eligible for in-state classification, applicants must establish domicile (legal residence) in Colorado one year prior to the first day of class for the term for which in-state status is sought. Note: students may establish their residency while enrolled in the school of law.

YOU CAN GET IT 2nd and 3rd year if you want to be a Colorado resident.  the reason why fluffy's friends cant get it is most likely because they are classified as dependents with their parents living out of state.

foxnewssucks

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2005, 04:32:09 PM »
are you heading to TX for law school?

Well, I stand corrected. Although I guess they should do something to make up for the ungodly cost of living in Boulder!!

Man that's really convenient, I wish Texas would be as nice to their out-of-state law students =[

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2005, 04:43:12 PM »
It's looking like it...I've had more than enough of Boulder!!!

foxnewssucks

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2005, 04:44:08 PM »
what don't you like about it? (besides the cost)

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2005, 04:52:12 PM »
My biggest complaints about Boulder are the cost and the cold (ie days like today!!) - although I love the sunshine and that's probably the thing I'll miss most. I also hate running into people I went to high school with everywhere and I just need to go somewhere else, being in Boulder for more than a couple of years will make you nuts, I think.

what don't you like about it? (besides the cost)

Snuvy

• Trust me, I'm a lawyer.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 12:44:53 AM »

Well congrats to everyone that has gotten into boulder!

I just put my application into the mail today--I had a fee waiver sitting around, and i figured i'd use it, because my other prospects are becoming more and more unreachable  :'(

that aside, i was wondering what the people in boulder were like--are they nice easy going people that don't have race issues...i may sound naive, but i'm from southern california and we're screamin liberals.

great job everyone again for getting in!  now throw me some of that pixie magic lucky dust