Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chicago Hold  (Read 1196 times)

timmy76

Re: Chicago Hold
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2005, 08:06:11 PM »
Also held.  3.74, 165.  At least this means that I am making an impression slightly beyond my numbers.  But god damn.  I now have to write another essay.  And meslissa, do you know for sure that the interview has to be done in person, or can it be done over the phone?  That is unclear from the letter.  Thanks.

Tim

Infoolio

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2005, 08:29:09 PM »
What's the essay topic?

:curious:

hocuspocus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2005, 08:34:18 PM »
I'm a hold as well.  3.73 Ivy/(166+171/2).  Unclear whether they had received and processed my second LSAT score from December when they made the decision.  Letter was dated Jan. 17.  I scheduled an interview, but not writing an essay.

!@#$%

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2005, 02:04:35 AM »
What's the essay topic?

:curious:

"We invite you to supplement your application with a two to three page essay on one of the following topics: (1) Should the Supreme Court consider public opinion in deciding whether a state's prohibition of same-sex marriage violates the Constitution? (2) Who should sentence criminal offenders -- judges, juries, or someone else? or (3) Reactions you have to a book that is a current or recent (fiction or nonfiction) best-seller.  It is our hope that you will use this essay as an opportunity to think about and express your ideas; research is neither expected nor encouraged."

Phife

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2005, 07:11:00 PM »
Hey, I received a hold from Chicago as well. I'm overseas so won't be able to go to Chicago for an interview so I'm going to write the essay. But I found it interesting that this isn't a very big topic. I was wondering how many people Chicago puts on hold and why a lot of people with fantastic numbers haven't even received their acceptances yet. Just thought that was strange. Also, for anyone who did the interview, how did it go and what kind of questions did they ask?

-P