Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BYU  (Read 1784 times)

CH

BYU
« on: March 07, 2003, 11:13:19 AM »
I just got put on the BYU wait list and met with the Dean of Admissions who told me that my chances were excellent and he woulld admit me now if I could, I had a 163 LSAT and good GPA.....he said I should hear something very soon.,.....what do you guys think?

cat.chili

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: BYU
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 06:49:55 PM »
With those creds you probably should have been admitted straight away.  The only concern with the BYU wait list is that BYU has a really high acceptance to enrollment rate.. about 70% I think.  But given your stats you should definitly be at the head of the list.

BTW, I probably will be going to byu this fall myself.

Good Luck
joe

marista

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - purplenna
    • View Profile
    • My lawschoolnumbers page
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 03:07:17 PM »
I'm on the wait list too...yuck.  I was 160/3.02 so I'm still hoping, but there doesn't seem much of a chance I'll get in.

GMULAW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 07:03:42 PM »
I decided NOT to go to BYU after getting admitted there, even though it was a tough decsion to make at the time, it was the best one. I went to BYU undergrad and loved it, but the law school is just not as good as it as ranked. I have had more oppurtunites at GMUSL than BYU would have ever given me and the job market is much better. Believe people when they tell you to go to law school where you want to work. That is why I decided to go to GMU. I am from the DC area and while I loved Provo you would have to kill me before I ended up working and living in Utah for the rest of my life.  I am working for the Chief Judge on the 10th Federal District Ct. for Utah this summer while my husband as of May 8 finishes up his undergrad at BYU. Then we are outta Utah for good. I would advise those on the BYU waitlist to take your next best option because unless it is the U of U it will probably be your better option in the long run!
I will choose a path that's free, I will choose free will

scolomon

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2004, 05:06:52 PM »
Is BYU law school religiously as intense as undergrad?