Law School Discussion

How long to wait for a report request

How long to wait for a report request
« on: January 24, 2005, 11:23:27 AM »
It's been a month since I sent out all my apps via LSACCD on the Web and as of today, 1/24, all but two schools have requested my LSDAS Report - Kent and John Marshall.  I want to email or call them and politely ask what the deal is.  Have I waited long enough to do so? 

Also, has anyone gotten acceptances from Kent or JM w/o receiving any prior notification? If so, in what form?

Thanks

ilsox7

Re: How long to wait for a report request
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 11:43:13 AM »
It's been a month since I sent out all my apps via LSACCD on the Web and as of today, 1/24, all but two schools have requested my LSDAS Report - Kent and John Marshall.  I want to email or call them and politely ask what the deal is.  Have I waited long enough to do so? 

Also, has anyone gotten acceptances from Kent or JM w/o receiving any prior notification? If so, in what form?

Thanks

If it's been a month, I'd call Kent.  They requested my report quickly in December, have sent me an App Received Postvard and an App Complete Postvard.  I think 3-4 weeks is a good guideline for making a call as to how long it generally takes to request.

Ambs

• View Profile
Re: How long to wait for a report request
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 11:54:04 AM »
I have one school, Loyola Law School, that still has not requested my report and it has been well over a month. I just called them and they said there isn't a problem, the process can just take awhile. I suggest you call the schools and just confirm there isn't a problem.

The weird thing with Loyola was that they said they hadn't gotten my app from LSAC until last week and that using the LSAC service slowed things down. That totally hadn't been the case for the other schools I applied to, so maybe its just random sometimes.