Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Villanova  (Read 1536 times)

mschuell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Villanova
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2005, 04:48:00 PM »
For those of you whose decision was sent to your permanent address, did you indicate that your current address should be used until a certain date that has already passed? Or did Villanova just decide to send it to your permanent address?

I'm asking because I assumed my decision would come to my current address and I'd really rather it not show up at my parent's home (permanent address) where I'd have to travel to get it or have them open it over the phone.

I thought it would come to my current address as well- I would expect it at your permanent address.
3.35, 163

Attending: Seton Hall
Accepted:  Rutgers-Newark ($), Villanova, Brooklyn ($), Temple($),  American, Seton Hall($), Cardozo PT                      
Rejected: Fordham, GMU
Waitlisted:Pending:  None

Kait

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2005, 04:53:24 PM »
Thanks for the response. Interesting that Vill does that...

OnDayAtaTime

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2005, 04:57:06 PM »
Did anyone get a mention of $? Does Villanova give out $?

mschuell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2005, 05:08:59 PM »
Did anyone get a mention of $? Does Villanova give out $?

Nothing in the packet I received.
3.35, 163

Attending: Seton Hall
Accepted:  Rutgers-Newark ($), Villanova, Brooklyn ($), Temple($),  American, Seton Hall($), Cardozo PT                      
Rejected: Fordham, GMU
Waitlisted:Pending:  None

Rowgirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.3/165
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2005, 09:29:18 AM »
I'm a senior at Nova right now, so if you have any questions about the campus, law building (i've been there a few times), or the area, feel free to ask!
In: BC, Northeastern ($), Quinnipaic ($$), Suffolk ($), Temple ($)
Waitlisted: W&M, W&L
Out: BU
Attending: BC

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2005, 11:20:42 PM »
Thanks for the response. Interesting that Vill does that...

'Nova, not 'Vill' :)

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2005, 11:55:05 PM »
I'm assuming i'm going to have to raise my LSAT in February for it to matter, but what's the housing situation like?  i assume i'm going to either buy a small house or rent a town house/condo type of thing.  have a live-in girlfriend and a dog/cat.  yard is key with a dog so i'm hoping to find something.  i have a bad feeling about it though as far as money is concerned.  right now i pay a paltry $825 in NOLA for a house with a pretty big fenced yard.  i don't know if it's like that anywhere else.

i may only get into hofstra and nova SE so again it may not matter.  any info would help including realtor website or whatnot.  for those going to tulane or loyola-NO, go to www.latter-blum.com or www.gertrudegardner.com or www.craigslist.com (new orleans).
FIU Class of 2009

uponcripplecreek

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2005, 11:58:09 PM »
I'm still bitter at Villanova over my undergrad rejection 5 years ago.  Congrats on the acceptances though!

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2005, 12:07:24 AM »
ever thought of applying, obviously getting accepted and then just laughing at them...

FIU Class of 2009

JDubs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2005, 07:07:34 AM »
I'm assuming i'm going to have to raise my LSAT in February for it to matter, but what's the housing situation like?  i assume i'm going to either buy a small house or rent a town house/condo type of thing.  have a live-in girlfriend and a dog/cat.  yard is key with a dog so i'm hoping to find something.  i have a bad feeling about it though as far as money is concerned.  right now i pay a paltry $825 in NOLA for a house with a pretty big fenced yard.  i don't know if it's like that anywhere else.

i may only get into hofstra and nova SE so again it may not matter.  any info would help including realtor website or whatnot.  for those going to tulane or loyola-NO, go to www.latter-blum.com or www.gertrudegardner.com or www.craigslist.com (new orleans).

Housing in the immediate area is very expensive.  Not sure but I think its unlikely you could get an apartment big enough for you for less that 1000-1200.  However, if you move to one of the surrounding areas (Conshohocken, Norristown, Broomall, etc) you should be able to find something closer to what you are paying now.  Unfortunately, unless you have at least 20% to put down, I doubt you're going to find a place for sale that will get your payments that low though.  Housing prices have gone up significantly over the past couple of years around here.
LSN

Going to Temple's Evening Program in '07!