Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at Pittsburgh!  (Read 735 times)

SleepyGuyYawn

In at Pittsburgh!
« on: January 24, 2005, 12:17:20 PM »
Pitt, Iowa, Wisc are my top choices so this is great news for me!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=SleepyGuyYawn

mmyles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: In at Pittsburgh!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 12:18:57 PM »
Congrats!  :)

Boston7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 02:17:09 PM »
That's great, Sleepy!  It's high on my list, as well.  I'm going out to the Feb. info session, to get a better sense of things.  Are you planning to visit the school?

ilsox7

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 02:26:42 PM »
Congrats dude!  I hear Pittburgh is pretty cool.  Still waiting for them to just request my report!!

When are you visiting?

dirtisocks

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 03:10:56 PM »
Dude...
    Congrats, still waiting for them to notify me.... They accepted everyone with my LSAT score last year, so hopefully I'm in. Perhaps I will see you in the fall

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 03:38:04 PM »
I visted Pittsburgh in November for three days.  I stayed with a good friend of mine who goes to Pitt's Law School.  And after my visit, I can say my heart is really in Pittsburgh. 

The law school impressed me.  It's in a fun part of the city, and the area around the school is quite beautiful.  But what impressed me more was the city itself.  My friend lives in the "Shadyside" area, about a mile from the law school, and it's such an awsome place to live.  And in Pittsburgh rents are cheap, so a law student can afford to live anywhere in the city.

I went to a party with a bunch of second and third year Pitt Law Students when I was there.  They seemed really positive about the school.  And they seemed confident about being able to get jobs, especially in small to medium sized firms. 

Anyhow, I feel pretty random today.  So try to make sense of my post.  Basically, I loved Pittsburgh -- the school and especially the city.  I feel like it's where I'd like to live for the next thirty years.

ilsox7

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2005, 03:40:21 PM »
That's awesome!  I will visit if I am accepted.  Of course, they need to request my report first!

Also, another positive is you are only 3 hours from Victory Brewing, which is an easy weekend trip!

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2005, 03:48:19 PM »
Yes, indeed.  The beer in Pittsburgh is superior to most parts of the country -- we established that in another thread I believe.  You should definately visit.  And I wouldn't worry about being accepted.  My numbers are lower than yours, I believe. 

When you visit Pitt, try to hook up with someone who knows the city to show you around.  The city is quite unique b/c it has lots and lots of different neighborhoods, each with its own cute little shopping strip with restaurants and bars.  It's a beautiful city, and really a good walker's city. 

The only bad thing is the traffic.  It's a pretty dense city -- I imagine it would be nearly impossible to widen the curvy, hilly streets.  So the traffic, and the parking, is a challenge.  My friend walks or takes the bus to school everyday. 

God, this rules!  If either of you gets accepted and plans on coming to the Open House in April, tell me and maybe we could meet for a beer.

ilsox7

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2005, 03:50:10 PM »
Sounds like a fun city.  And with downtown living, I would assume the car would be used quite sparingly.  Hopefully I'll hear from them by April!