Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Merit-Based Scholarship Central  (Read 2523 times)

giffy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mo
    • View Profile
Re: Merit-Based Scholarship Central
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2005, 01:05:18 PM »
12k a year are Seattle U.

From what I it generally works this way.
Public Schools: Very little merit aid, mostly need based, but even then very little. However the tuition is much less

Private schools that are happy with their rank: A moderate amount of merit aid.

Private schools that want to boost their ranks: A whole lot of merit aid to encourage people with good numbers to go.

Top ranked Private Schools: Almost no merit aid.

Pamela

• MSN Messenger - pronback@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2005, 01:10:12 PM »
I've been offered full tuition at Toledo
Applied: Valpo
Accepted: Baylor, Akron (Full Tuition), Michigan State (Full Tuition and laptop), Ohio Northern ($22,500/year), Toledo (Full Tuition), Wayne State (Full Tuition), Hamline (Full Tuition), Loyola New Orleans ($20,000/year)
3.82/159
Attending: MSU

amelus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2005, 01:36:20 PM »
$20k at gw, opportunity for full at washu and 25k/yr at cornell (need to write an essay for each, and i know i'm not going to either so i'm not bothering with them).

wulfette

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2005, 04:20:10 PM »
no acceptances yet, hoping for $$ at a few places.
Pamela - have you heard of Michigan State giving out $ yet?

OnDayAtaTime

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2005, 04:40:36 PM »
I got $ from Pitt(8K per yr)...and $ from Tulane (although the letter with details..like the amount! are still in the mail).

c00lbeans

• Sr. Citizen
  • I come from the crazy world of Architecture
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2005, 05:02:53 PM »
I got a full tuition scholarship from Baylor.
I was looking at UT Austin site the other day, and they do offer full scholarship with some extra money I think for about 8 incoming first year students per year.
Baylor Fall 2005

alphalyrae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2005, 05:42:39 PM »
I got $105K from Northwestern. I understand a lot of people got some nice offers from them.
3.81/172
In: Harvard, Boalt, Chicago, Columbia, Michigan, Penn
Waitlisted: Stanford
Rejected: Yale

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alphalyrae

kd

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2005, 07:01:13 PM »
I got 10K from Colorado for my first year and full-tuition+ at Nebraska (I'm in-state there).  Most of the state schools I applied to offer 10K for incoming students as their highest scholarship, making it full-tuition for the in-staters and cutting it in half for out-of-staters.
3.8/165

xfsquirrel

• You! You're out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2005, 07:27:00 PM »
I got 10K from Colorado for my first year and full-tuition+ at Nebraska (I'm in-state there).  Most of the state schools I applied to offer 10K for incoming students as their highest scholarship, making it full-tuition for the in-staters and cutting it in half for out-of-staters.

10K from Colorado?  Did you already submit your FAFSA?  I was under the impression that CU doesn't hand out scholarships until they receive the student's financial information.  Did you get the scholarship info with the acceptance? Thanks.

kd

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2005, 07:34:01 PM »

10K from Colorado?  Did you already submit your FAFSA?  I was under the impression that CU doesn't hand out scholarships until they receive the student's financial information.  Did you get the scholarship info with the acceptance? Thanks.

I got the letter 2 weeks after I got my acceptance.  I have NOT sent in my FAFSA yet.  I read on their Web site that they didn't had out scholarships til March, but I still got that letter...  It is a merit scholarship, no need involved.
3.8/165