Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Deciding between T2,3,4  (Read 925 times)

Ladybuglaw05

• GPA: 3.21 LSAT: 156
    • View Profile
Deciding between T2,3,4
« on: January 23, 2005, 09:23:59 PM »
Just wondering if there are others who are having trouble deciding between the lower tier schools to which they've been accepted? 
Michigan State- T4 w/ no financial offers yet, but has many offerings in international law
U of Toledo- T2 w/ no financial offers, and they only offer a certificate in international law

naomi288

• Sr. Citizen
  • soon to be St John's 1L
    • View Profile
Re: Deciding between T2,3,4
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 10:13:12 PM »
i think most people would say go with the highest ranked school you can get into, unless there is a large financial aid package involved
3.67 159/164
and.......the admissions process is over! yay!
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=naomi288

bradzwest

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 11:57:24 PM »
i think most people would say go with the highest ranked school you can get into, unless there is a large financial aid package involved

I agree.  If I'm paying full tuition...and have no other limitations or requirements (this is not always a small issue!)...T2 over T4.

twarga

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 08:39:25 AM »
As it stands now, I'm going to Widener (Tier 4) because of the full-ride.  I turned down Rutgers-Camden (Tier 2) because they only offered $7K per year.  I will also turn down Villanova and Temple if they accept me with less than a full-ride.  However, if Harvard or U Penn take me (big stretch there), I'll probably take out massive loans and go.

Whygohome

• Sr. Citizen
  • If you don't get into LS you can always work here.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 11:13:44 AM »
As it stands now, I'm going to Widener (Tier 4) because of the full-ride.  I turned down Rutgers-Camden (Tier 2) because they only offered $7K per year.  I will also turn down Villanova and Temple if they accept me with less than a full-ride.  However, if Harvard or U Penn take me (big stretch there), I'll probably take out massive loans and go.

Can't say I agree with you on this one. A full ride is great but if you're accepted at Temple with no money I'd say go there in a heartbeat. It is probably one of the best value schools there are, the tuition is extremely reasonable for PA residents and it has 100 times the reputation of Widener in an area that has more law schools per square mile than just about anywhere. Plus your scholarship is probably dependent on keeping a certain GPA right? There was a thread earlier on this board about Widener's horrible curve.

Just my opinion and I am a Temple Alum so maybe I'm biased ;D
Stats: 2.82(3.24) 152,157
Accepted: Widener, Mich St., Gonzaga
Denied: Seattle, IU-Indy, Pitt, Willamette, Case
WL: SIUC, UMKC
Pending: Duquesne, and Pacific.

georgialax

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 11:25:30 AM »
Twarga,

Have you notified Rutgers-Camden yet that you will not be attending?

Cause I would love to take your spot!  8)

mdd

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 12:43:07 AM »
As it stands now, I'm going to Widener (Tier 4) because of the full-ride.  I turned down Rutgers-Camden (Tier 2) because they only offered $7K per year.  I will also turn down Villanova and Temple if they accept me with less than a full-ride. 

That's hot, in fact, I think the cat is getting jealous.  Smart move.

twarga

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 08:19:25 AM »
[quote author=Whygohome link=topic=22235.msg322678#msg322678
Can't say I agree with you on this one. A full ride is great but if you're accepted at Temple with no money I'd say go there in a heartbeat. It is probably one of the best value schools there are, the tuition is extremely reasonable for PA residents and it has 100 times the reputation of Widener in an area that has more law schools per square mile than just about anywhere. Plus your scholarship is probably dependent on keeping a certain GPA right? There was a thread earlier on this board about Widener's horrible curve.

Just my opinion and I am a Temple Alum so maybe I'm biased ;D

I'm not a PA resident, so I won't get a break.  Anyway, I went to visit Temple and it scared the bejeezus out of me.  I won't be going there, even if they roll out the red carpet and rename the library after me.  I'm a big baby.

Also, I'm really enthralled with the idea of graduating debt free.  I'll be 38 when I graduate, and the thought of having that much debt, along with the mortgage and kids I already have is a little much.  This old lady might have a heart attack!   ;)