Law School Discussion

GRARGH. UN.FAIR.

GRARGH. UN.FAIR.
« on: January 23, 2005, 11:58:11 AM »
I think I should stop looking for law school stuff for awhile. At least until my last sem's over in May. I don't think my poor heart can take more bad news. :P

Like finding out that most law schools will only accept an LSAT score for three years.

>:(

When I took the LSAT, I had no intention of going for a JD in the states. The place I work just insisted I take it so I'd be qualified to tutor. This was when I first started... 2 years and 9 months ago... Grrrr. I don't intend on applying till the next cycle and I really, really, really don't want to take it again. Thought it was one of the few things I didn't have to worry about. Bet I have to pay for it this time too :P

Out of curiousity though, if I take it again, and apply next year, will they send both scores? I thought most ETS tests are good for five...?

Re: GRARGH. UN.FAIR.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 11:59:16 AM »
heh, anyway, at least i had fun posing for the pissed off icon ;)

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 12:13:06 PM »
I think I should stop looking for law school stuff for awhile. At least until my last sem's over in May. I don't think my poor heart can take more bad news. :P

Like finding out that most law schools will only accept an LSAT score for three years.

>:(

When I took the LSAT, I had no intention of going for a JD in the states. The place I work just insisted I take it so I'd be qualified to tutor. This was when I first started... 2 years and 9 months ago... Grrrr. I don't intend on applying till the next cycle and I really, really, really don't want to take it again. Thought it was one of the few things I didn't have to worry about. Bet I have to pay for it this time too :P

Out of curiousity though, if I take it again, and apply next year, will they send both scores? I thought most ETS tests are good for five...?

so glad this wasn't another asinine AA thread...  that said, I'm sure you'll do better this time than last.  Teaching the course can only hone your skills (unless you got 180 last time
)

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 12:29:11 PM »
I thought LSAT scores were good for 5 years, you might want to check on that.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 12:31:45 PM »
I thought LSAT scores were good for 5 years, you might want to check on that.

I think they stay on your report for 5, but schools only accept scores within the past 3.