Law School Discussion

should law students be required to take typing courses...or trig.?

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
q/

WoeIsMe

Re: should law students be required to take typing courses...or trig.?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 05:04:48 AM »
judging from the hostility, i vote for anger management

twarga

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 06:32:58 AM »
I went to public high school in New Jersey, and all students were required to take at least one semester of typing to graduate.  I took shorthand, too.

Now my kid in middle school has to take "keyboarding."  Hey, if you can type, you can be a secretary.  And everybody needs a secretary! :D  Nothing like teaching a skill you can use forever.

NYKnicks

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 11:31:28 AM »
I went to public high school in New Jersey, and all students were required to take at least one semester of typing to graduate.  I took shorthand, too.

Now my kid in middle school has to take "keyboarding."  Hey, if you can type, you can be a secretary.  And everybody needs a secretary! :D  Nothing like teaching a skill you can use forever.

Hmm, I went to high school in NJ too and I never had to take any such classes. What region are you from? North, Central, South?

dave303

• La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 11:36:19 AM »
I was very strongly encouraged to take a typing course in middle school. It wasn't required but whoever was telling us about classes basically said that if you havent taken a typing class you needed to.

bruin

• View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 01:28:51 AM »
I had to take a semester of "keyboarding" during HS as part of a graduation requirement, which only applied to my graduating class (c/o 2000. requirment was lifted for c/o 2001).