Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wisconsin Wait List  (Read 4187 times)

Dera Johnsen

Wisconsin Wait List
« on: March 21, 2003, 08:50:40 AM »
I have been placed on the Wait List for both the University of Wisconsin and for Marquette.  Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
Re: Wisconsin Wait List
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2003, 12:08:09 PM »
Write them both a letter.  Tell them that you're still very interested in attending because ______.  It might be good to add something that's not in your application, but the idea of the letter is what is important.  If it comes down to you and someone similar, the letter can put you over the top.

Whatever you do though... proof read.  Have at least two other people read your letter before you send it out.  If if comes down to someone with no letter and someone with a typo...

I had some success when I was applying by writing a letter.  It didn't get me in to the school, but it got me on higher and higher waitlists until finally, a week after school started, a rejection (w/ invitation to apply as a transfer).

Good luck!

discostew

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2003, 02:32:23 PM »
I can feel your pain Dera.  I applied to 6 schools, and got 5 waitlists (and a lovely denial too).  Wisconsin was one of the waitlists and my first choice.  ARGH!

Waitlist Kiddo

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2003, 07:34:28 AM »
I too just got the letter that I was on the Wisconsin waitlist. Hopefully, we'll find out soon, but it means that I've got to send in my deposit to another school. Like I haven't spent enough on applications already!!! Anybody have any more pointers on how to get off the waitlist of Wisconsin???

Dera Johnsen

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2003, 03:49:48 AM »
:D  I'm off Marquette's wait list!  First, I wrote them a letter reconfirming my interest and promising my attendance if accepted.  Then, I made a reservation to their public information session for part-time legal education (I had applied for the part-time evening program).  There, I met the Assistant Dean of Admissions who was one of the speakers.  I explained my situation re the wait list to him after the program, and I requested a personal meeting to review my application in order to improve my chances of admission for next year.  In the meantime, I had my employer write another letter of recommendation.  I met with the Assistant Dean the following week, and the next day after my meeting Marquette sent my letter of acceptance.  I don't know if this strategy would have had any effect for the University of Wisconsin, but Marquette was my first choice due to their part-time program.  Good luck!

mattbulldawg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004, 08:34:29 AM »
My application has been in at Wisconsin since early January and I have received an initial letter indicating the a decision had not been reached at that time (Feb 15).  I have not been placed on their waitlist that I know of yet.  Is this a good thing or bad?

jrmadtown

• 3.31/164
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 11:26:02 AM »
Was it a "file complete" letter?  If not, it might have been a waitlist letter.  Does anyone know how Wisconsin handles these things?

I'm still waiting to hear from them.  My file complete e-mail came on the 18th.  Things have been taking time as I didn't take the LSAT until Feb. 2004. 

Go Bush!  (8

bruiser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 11:42:46 AM »
Hi All,

I will be removing myself from the Wisc waitlist so I REALLY hope that one of you gets the spot that I might have gotten!

Just curious though, are most of you Wisc residents?

Cheers!

jrmadtown

• 3.31/164
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2004, 11:57:26 AM »
Wisconsin native and living working in Madison for the last eight years.  Plan to go part-time and continue to work. 
Go Bush!  (8

tre1160

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2004, 10:07:53 PM »
I was placed on Wisconsin's hold list for the second year in a row.  Is anyone else on the hold list?  Last year I didn't get in because they said too many people accepted and they didn't have room for any people on the hold or wait list.  Does anyone know what my chances are this year?

Thanks