Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Yale Admit Weekend  (Read 580 times)

helendemilo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My name is M, I'm a lesser-known character.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rocketscience87
    • View Profile
Yale Admit Weekend
« on: January 21, 2005, 05:26:55 PM »
So... I haven't been admitted to Yale yet, but:

I'm going to Harvard for the admitted students stuff on March 20 and 21.  Since I'm coming from California, I only want to pay for and sit through one plane trip to the east coast.  If I buy my ticket now, I can get a sweet deal. 

I want to plan my travel dates so that if I do get admitted to Yale, I can attend their admitted students event on the same trip.  Are they close enough that it's possible?

Pookie said she thinks Yale has events on March 17 and 18.  That would be awesome.  In that case I could just plan my flight then, and if I don't get into Yale, just kick it in Boston a few extra days. 

Can anyone confirm?

chicago

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.84 | 162
    • View Profile
Re: Yale Admit Weekend
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 05:47:17 PM »
I made the drive from Yale to Harvard a few months ago.  It takes about 2-3 hours if I remember correctly.

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 05:49:15 PM »
I believe Yale has one admit weekend in April then a series of Monday admit events.

helendemilo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 05:55:20 PM »
I made the drive from Yale to Harvard a few months ago.  It takes about 2-3 hours if I remember correctly.

I'm sorry.  I realized my question was vague.  I meant are the events close enough in time frame to do both in a one week trip... not how far apart in distance they are.

Although it blows my mind how squinched up everything is on the east coast.  Yale is an hour from Manhattan and Boston is another few hours away... that's crazy talk.  I think I could drive 2 hours and still be within the area considered "Los Angeles"

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 05:56:43 PM »
there will probably be a Monday event around that time.  The weekend is generally scheduled at a different time to prevent overlap

helendemilo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 05:58:46 PM »
there will probably be a Monday event around that time.  The weekend is generally scheduled at a different time to prevent overlap

That's too bad.  I think they would be kinder to the people traveling out to visit, since H and Y are going to attract the same people trying to decide.  I like how Columbia and NYU do theirs on consecutive days.  It's considerate...

Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait to buy my plane ticket and just make two trips or whatever.

I'm still holding out hope that what Pookie said was correct.  Because that would be perfect.

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 06:06:11 PM »
Does Harvard only have one admit weekend this year?  In any event, the Monday event is the real meat and potatoes where you get to sit in on classes etc

helendemilo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 06:37:47 PM »
Does Harvard only have one admit weekend this year?  In any event, the Monday event is the real meat and potatoes where you get to sit in on classes etc

Harvard has two.  They're Sunday/Monday events, so you get to sit in on classes.  I can't go to the April one because I'm taking a huge exam right around then.  I started studying for it last week.   ::)  I can't imagine studying this long for one test...   :P  Have I communicated my true feelings about it yet?  I think I need another smiley...    >:(

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 06:57:15 PM »
The Yale admit weekend is April 17 and 18...one week after the second Harvard admit weekend.