Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 3496 times)

texas1

Re: For those interested in Baylor
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2005, 11:57:06 AM »
  But how do you keep that big damn animal under control then??

I asked Stedman the exact same question about Oprah...

LOL  I hate it when this stupid board makes me laugh out load at work and look stupid.  I sit at a front desk so it's not just my coworkers who experience the randomness it's also visitors to the office.

Sorry :P

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2005, 12:02:30 PM »
Don't worry that the SHARK group (wannabe PETA I think) already drives around with a van proclaiming their problems with the bear's habitat.  We get enough sh*t about it.  I don't mean to be defensive, I guess I've already done that, but go bother UT or Colorado about drugging Bevo and the buffalo for games.

I can't speak for Colorado, but it's a myth that Bevo is sedated for the UT games. There was a huge article in the alumni magazine a few months ago.

Sorry, guess I should check my facts.  But how do you keep that big damn animal under control then??

Believe it or not, his breeders and trainers prepare him for the situation before he goes to the games. They play loud crowd noise in his stall when he's young, they put him in situations where he'll be around a lot of movement, and they train him not to freak out when they shoot the cannon. The bloodline the use for Bevo is known for its docility...evidently that's a big selling point when you're talking about a 1000lb. longhorn.

I can actually believe this.  Breeding is an amazing thing.  I have a 140 pound Great Dane and he is the biggest female private part in the world.  He is scared of his own shadow.  And my other dog, who is 1/3 his size, chews on him and beats up on him and the GD sits there and takes it.  And another time I bought my brothers miniature weiner dog (who weighs about 10 lbs)over to play and the weiner dog actually chased him off of his bed.  I have never seen anything like it...
Attending: Texas

dividebyzero

• Sr. Citizen
  • Motherf*ckin' Snakes On A Plane!
    • MSN Messenger - daedelus_rex@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2005, 02:50:03 PM »
(begin sanctimonious rant)
How the hell did this thread go from discussing Baylor to discussing the plight of a couple of bears?

Anyway, I grew up near the Waco area (Killeen), and it's highly regarded.

However, I personally don't think that any amount of regard could make up for the fact that the school is located in Waco. Not only is Waco (and the whole area) a very, VERY excruciatingly boring town, but it's a nasty town. From drugs to high crime rates to unemployment, it has all the problems of a big city with absolutely NONE of the accoutrements. Downtown Waco looks like a windblown, post-industrial hellhole with Western-style lettering on the signs.

It'd be wonderful if they moved the law school to the San Antonio like they did with the medical school. San Antonio's hardly the greatest city either, but several orders of magnitude better than Waco.

Also, the nearest "fun time" to be had is probably in Austin or Dallas (which begs the question of "Why not go to UT or SMU instead?"), if *and only if* you're female, would I recommend Killeen (home to Fort Hood, boasting the nations second highest male-to-female ratio of around 195:1). I wouldn't imagine Houston to be feasible as it's about 5-6 hours away.

As much as I highly regard the school, I would *never* voluntarily live in Waco.

(end of rant)
"Remove the chain, cause' that's off it!"

Acceptances: Georgetown ("off da' chain!")
That is all...

LaneSwerver

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2005, 02:56:40 PM »
(begin sanctimonious rant)
It'd be wonderful if they moved the law school to the San Antonio like they did with the medical school.

The medical school is in Houston. I can see it through my window!

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2005, 03:07:43 PM »
UT has one of its many medical schools in San Antonio.

Hey - dividebyzero - do you live in San Antonio?  If so, where?  I live in SA!

LaneSwerver

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2005, 03:13:25 PM »
UT has one of its many medical schools in San Antonio.

Hey - dividebyzero - do you live in San Antonio?  If so, where?  I live in SA!

I was referring to Baylor's medical school, which is outside of my window. UT has medical schools in Houston, Galveston, San Antonio, and Dallas.

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2005, 04:08:00 PM »
Yeah, I know.  I was saying to dividebyzero that UT was the one with the medical school in San Antonio.

Xony

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimaxony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2005, 04:18:18 PM »
LaneSwerver, so you work in the health science center?  Which component? :)  I used to work for UT there up until 5 mo. ago.