• The ever judicious Judge Baylor
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ellie3113
    • View Profile
« on: January 21, 2005, 01:42:01 PM »

midjeep

• View Profile
Re: For those interested in Baylor
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 11:37:19 PM »
Yeah there is a bunch going on on campus from my friends that still go there. There are also a number of parties going on tonight to celebrate. You can go on Baylor's main site for news:

www.baylor.edu

Or even check out some discussion threads on www.baylorfans.com

To see what some of the problems were all about check out www.fahrenheit2012.com

bradzwest

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 11:45:49 PM »
Belated congrats...Midjeep!

midjeep

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 11:49:48 PM »
Belated congrats...Midjeep!

Thanks! And a congrats is never belated ;)

NinMN19XX

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 12:10:41 AM »

thanks for the post.. i definitely like texas in general.. it's normally more libertarian free wheeling or so..   the whole state seems to be more baptist than normal..

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 12:05:28 AM »
Nothing's wrong with conservatism! Burn the liberals! ;)

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 03:59:20 PM »
Here is my very broad, general knowledge for anyone considering Baylor who hasnt been to Waco, TX or Texas in general. I am from Texas and love it. Also, I know many people who attend/have attented Baylor undergrad.
-People are really nice.
-It is definitely more conservative than most places, the rumors are true. That can be good or bad.
-Be prepared to be surrounded by Southern Baptists.
-Waco is very boring. However, you can always go to Dallas or Houston for the occasional fun time (if you have any time).
-If you stay in Texas (probably a good idea), alumni will flock to you upon hearing that you attended there. My parents have friends who are lawyers who have tried to talk me into attending there.
-If I was going to stay in Texas, I would try for UT, SMU, U of H, and then Baylor. Just my opinion.

ElizaB

• What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2005, 01:39:34 PM »
Here is my very broad, general knowledge for anyone considering Baylor who hasnt been to Waco, TX or Texas in general. I am from Texas and love it. Also, I know many people who attend/have attented Baylor undergrad.
-People are really nice.
-It is definitely more conservative than most places, the rumors are true. That can be good or bad.
-Waco is very boring. However, you can always go to Dallas or Houston for the occasional fun time (if you have any time).
-If you stay in Texas (probably a good idea), alumni will flock to you upon hearing that you attended there. My parents have friends who are lawyers who have tried to talk me into attending there.
-If I was going to stay in Texas, I would try for UT, SMU, U of H, and then Baylor. Just my opinion.

Are you saying that employers will flock to Baylor grads over UT grads or SMU grads?  Or just Baylor alums  prefer Baylor grads?

Xony

• AOL Instant Messenger - jimaxony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2005, 01:55:32 PM »
-People are really nice.

Is it true that they keep a brown bear locked in a cage in the middle of campus through all seasons?

Xony

• AOL Instant Messenger - jimaxony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2005, 02:08:25 PM »
good, I'm glad to know the bear loves to sit in the middle of campus in 100 degree texas heat....alone..without bear friends.  it's just like in the wild, only better