Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Felony and what it means  (Read 878 times)

arc87

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • ScenarioSolver
    • Email
Felony and what it means
« on: January 21, 2005, 02:53:02 PM »
I have been on these boards for quite a while.  Many of you know that I had a felony and was facing a very tough time in gaining entrance to law school.

I ended up with a 172 on the LSAt and 4.0 since returning to school

So far I have not been denied anywhere
Baylor
Rutgers (offered 30K)
Tulane (offered 60K)
Miami

I truly believe that a top 15 will let me in.  Many told me that a felon could not make it in law, well I am proof that if you turn your life around our country will give you a second chance.

Arc87
LSAT Logic Games Expert
www.scenariosolver.com

geezer

• Sr. Citizen
  • More oysters than you can shake a stick at!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Felony and what it means
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 08:29:41 AM »
Good for you!  I don't know what the felony conviction was- but obviously, the schools looked beyond it.

All good people deserve a second chance...

Congratulations,

Geezer

LBChic

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 08:31:31 PM »
Congratulations!!!

You are truly an inspiration for me. I just found this board a few months ago, but I have been putting off law school for three years now. In 1999 I plead guilty to shoplifting (at age 21 - stupid stupid stupid). As you probably well know, this is a crime involving moral turpitude often equated with felonies...

I don't want to bug you too much - I'll do some searchs on your old posts so you don't have to answer everything all over again - but I am really interested to hear how you overcame your issue. I am also REALLY interested to hear how you proved "rehabilitation" and whether you spoke with moral char. and fitness people from the state bars, etc...

Anyway, I may be back to get your perspective. Congrats again on your fantastic LSAT, GPA and best of all your acceptances!!

RycherX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 05:01:56 PM »
I'm also in a similar situation.  I am addicted to call girls.
If I get caught and get a misdemeanor, would that prevent me from admitted into the Bar?