Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The "in" crowd has special priveleges on this board  (Read 10782 times)

foxnewssucks

Re: The "in" crowd has special priveleges on this board
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2005, 12:29:59 PM »
Hey Tex- why don't you come hang out with the smokers in the locker room?  We are usually in the off topic sections  ;)  We won't split your threads or kiss each other's asses with non-stop congratulating.

Hehe. Thanks for the invite. But i've always been a loner, never really meshing in with any group - even the "loner" group. Guess it's kind of a Texas individualism thing.

i am not sure what you guys are talking about, but tell me more about "texas individualism"

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2005, 12:30:27 PM »
let's blame downy!

p.s. to phanny:  is "texas individualism" anything like groupthink?

BigTex

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2005, 12:31:16 PM »
If it wasn't Pookie, my sincere apologies. Whoever did it was wrong. It was an abuse of power. I wasn't going to let it go unchecked.

Actually, i am hoping it was kgd. I was developing a grudging respect for pook.

BigTex

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2005, 12:36:36 PM »
I've just been informed that the overzealous moderator responsible for this heavyhanded censorship was kgd.

I apologize to pook for assuming she was the culprit moderator. I am actually VERY pleased to learn that it wasn't pook.

Pook - perhaps you can get your fellow moderator kgd to lay off her quick trigger finger?

'lit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2005, 12:38:31 PM »
I don't think he was blaming you, lexy.  He was blaming the moderator that did move the posts

all i'm seeing is my name everywhere, when i had nothing to do w/it and i would never have been a moderator in the first place for precisely this reason (among others).

BigTex

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2005, 12:45:08 PM »
I don't think he was blaming you, lexy.  He was blaming the moderator that did move the posts

all i'm seeing is my name everywhere, when i had nothing to do w/it and i would never have been a moderator in the first place for precisely this reason (among others).

All i'm seeing are dissenting threads capriciously censored by heavy handed moderators. I assumed Pook to be the culprit. That was wrong and a hasty conclusion before the facts were in. I owed pook an apology and have given it.

I knew you were not a moderator and made no accusation that you were the culprit. The reason you see your name everywhere is because the thread in which the censorship occurred was yours. Obviously, there is name-spillage to place the proper context.

I will say this though. Kgd is firmly in "your camp". It's no accident that she selected the thread in question for censorship. Obviously, that's no fault of yours. But clearly, you are in a better position than anyone else to encourage your friends to moderate appropriately.

amelus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2005, 12:52:18 PM »
it is wrong (as i said in the thread itself) and i do hope kgd, who was wrong, acted on her own without a request from a/o else (which is what i assume).

mdd

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2005, 12:57:37 PM »
special priveleges...on a message board? 

whiny

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
edit
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2005, 01:06:25 PM »
edit

A.J