Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The "in" crowd has special priveleges on this board  (Read 10764 times)

amarain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
Re: The "in" crowd has special priveleges on this board
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2005, 03:42:48 PM »
But most importantly, grow up! It's an internet message board. It really, really doesn't matter what goes on here. I'm hoping that you have enough going on in your real life as to not get all upset because you don't think you're part of an "in crowd" of people who don't even know each other in real life.  I thought we had left that behind in high school.

Am I the only one who thinks she's confused?

I don't know if confused is the right word, but there's definitely some intellectual gymnastics and backbending going on to find some way to say "it's just an internet message board!" and yet still find it all important enough to post that comment in the first place.

I didn't find it "all important" in order to post the comment. I posted the comment because I felt like saying something, I have a crappy job and am bored at work and have nothing better to do at the moment. Not because I believe this to be some sort of important thing that I absolutely must do. I don't see what kind of intellectual gymnastics are involved in that.

BigTex

« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2005, 03:50:14 PM »
The reasons you gave for your post are pretty much the same reasons for my post and are pretty much the same reasons for everyone's posts. Our work life doesn't fill up our entire day and we need something else to occupy our minds till we actually go to law school.

Thus, i don't understand why when someone posts something you disagree with it indicates that the person thinks this website is very very important and crucial to the universe, but when you post something it should not be taken as an indication that you are expressing the vital importance of this website to the cosmic order of the universe.

The "this site is not that important, don't get so excited" argument is a double edged sword that cuts both ways, not just against your opponents.

ilsox7

« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2005, 03:51:51 PM »
The reasons you gave for your post are pretty much the same reasons for my post and are pretty much the same reasons for everyone's posts. Our work life doesn't fill up our entire day and we need something else to occupy our minds till we actually go to law school.

Hey now!  I left my job in Europe solely to surf LSD all day for the next 7 months!  :D

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2005, 03:53:41 PM »

Hey now! I left my job in Europe solely to surf LSD all day for the next 7 months! :D

that pretty silly, then, wasn't it?  and you not seem to be posting much.

A.J

« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2005, 03:55:28 PM »
STFU!

Tex, you continue to look like a whinner who's motivation for this entire argument is to be accepted by the so-called "in crowd".  STFU and maybe you will be.

HTH

amarain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2005, 03:55:51 PM »

Thus, i don't understand why when someone posts something you disagree with it indicates that the person thinks this website is very very important and crucial to the universe, but when you post something it should not be taken as an indication that you are expressing the vital importance of this website to the cosmic order of the universe.

But I never said this. I said that since it's a message board, you shouldn't get all excited and upset and offended about not being part of the "in crowd" or about the fact that the board is not being run the way you think it should be.

Anyway, this has become as boring as my work, so I'm through.

Miltra

• Sr. Citizen
  • Grrrr! I am a she beast.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2005, 04:03:34 PM »
Had to be done.  It's like saying "Don't press this BIG RED button!"

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2005, 04:15:44 PM »
you have to agree with a woman like that.

Julie Fern

• a web site, two clones, and a playwright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2005, 12:13:05 AM »
you have to agree with a woman like that.
you fake_bitch , real julie says you aint no real woman. just a pathetic degenerate imitating loser

julie very pissed you steal her LSD personality, go find your own slut
a body count a terrible thing.   (then again, julie just bitter and filled with hatred.)