Law School Discussion

s-t-a-n-f-o-r-d

maricutie

Re: s-t-a-n-f-o-r-d
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2005, 02:45:45 PM »
boooooo ...  :-\

Although, I admit, the choice between stanford and yale is a tough one. Wouldn't want to be in your shoes  ;). You still holding out on Harvard, or on other schools for $$?

BTW, you were HELD at nyu? Sheesh. You should send in your withdrawl notice in an evelope made from copies of your yale and stanford acceptance letters.

'lit

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2005, 02:50:21 PM »
You still holding out on Harvard, or on other schools for $$?

BTW, you were HELD at nyu? Sheesh. You should send in your withdrawl notice in an evelope made from copies of your yale and stanford acceptance letters.

nyu gets a trillion apps, right? maybe they don't bother perusing the non-autos at first. actually, i classified nyu as "reach" all along, so i'm not surprised. i thought it was almost as reachy as S, since its lsat range is higher.

as for your harvard question, no, i'm not really into it. i highly doubt i'll get in, but if i were to i think my likelihood of choosing HYS would be like 5/90/5.

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2005, 02:51:21 PM »
You still holding out on Harvard, or on other schools for $$?

nyu gets a trillion apps, right? maybe they don't bother perusing the non-autos at first. actually, i classified nyu as "reach" all along, so i'm not surprised. i thought it was almost as reachy as S, since its lsat range is higher.

as for your harvard question, no, i'm not really into it. i highly doubt i'll get in, but if i were to i think my likelihood of choosing HYS would be like 5/90/5.

Lexy, you've probably gotten this a million times, but what do you think it was that really set you apart at Y and S given the somewhat anomalous results from other schools further down the food chain?

maricutie

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2005, 03:00:33 PM »

Good point. That's where I considered nyu, too. If I remember correctly, we have similar numbers (but yours are better), so we probably applied to the same safties, targets, reaches and uber-reaches.

Sorry to hear that SLS is only 5% (or 10% at the most) .. but secretly some SLS applicant is jumping for joy.

'lit

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2005, 03:27:49 PM »
edited  :-[

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2005, 03:35:01 PM »
5 months later, i can reread lexy's PS too, because i liked it so much that i kept it.  i LOVE her writing style.

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2005, 03:55:44 PM »
With that kind of a build up, I'd love a copy via PM or email if you'd be so kind, just out of curiosity.  No worries, my apps are already in :) No biggie if you prefer not to, though.

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2005, 07:27:23 PM »
Congrats! It's been a pretty good month, eh?

'lit

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2005, 07:31:36 PM »
a

maricutie

Re: s-t-a-n-f-o-r-d (split2)
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2005, 07:07:54 AM »
I think Lexy should hand over her place at sls to pookie.