Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Decided Students - Please Read  (Read 82192 times)

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
Decided Students - Please Read
« on: May 02, 2003, 12:25:09 PM »
Originally, this category was created to give decided students (ie - if you KNOW that you're going to a certain school) a place to talk about the school, your plans, etc.  In other words: to get away from the "where did you get in" discussions.

It seems people have been using it for quite the opposite purpose - ignoring the "accepted and decided" title.  That's fine - y'all can use the boards however you like, I'm just trying to keep it organized.

For those that want to discuss a particular school, I suggest you take your conversation over to the Students' and Graduates' school specific boards.  The "Students' and Graduates'" board is actually a completely different board on this same site.  Thus, you'll have to register there too, but you'll be a student soon anyway so you're just getting it out of the way early.

*** Update: Actually, you don't have to re-register. ***

If your school is not listed, just suggest it and I'll add it right away.

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
Re: Decided Students - Please Read
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2003, 12:39:28 PM »
It keeps things organized and also makes the subject matter more accesible when there is orgaization I agree wholehearedly
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

bobfett33

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 12:06:48 PM »
I figured that, as a senior member, I should make a post here with some words of wisdom...

let's see...

if you ask for someone's phone number, and it begins with 555, you're either in a movie, or this person doesn't want to talk to you again.

jgruber

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 03:23:35 PM »
I figured that, as a senior member, I should make a post here with some words of wisdom...

let's see...

if you ask for someone's phone number, and it begins with 555, you're either in a movie, or this person doesn't want to talk to you again.

Well, then me too.  Uhm, let's see.

Uhm, uhm.

Oops, I just had a senior moment.   ;D

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 11:24:47 PM »
from what i'm seeing, maybe this should be the 'senior member' board instead? lol just kidding guys. ;)

enjoy...aj

dta

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 12:38:12 AM »
Hey Andrew - you might want to re-organize the layout of the boards. What I mean is put the "General" board on top as the first board listed. I think many people might just want to post something and so go into the first board on the list, which is currently this one. If "General" were listed first it might help.

Anyway, thanks for a nice site.

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2004, 09:52:07 AM »
Yeah - I'm trying to design the site to discourage one huge "general" board because people will post things that are actually not general at all and no one will be able to find those posts.

This category is supposed to be general topics for admitted students.  I moved things around so that this area is now after the application and LSAT type categories.

nanteiuga

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 08:53:22 PM »

why make us all register again?
ichiro: u of washington, michigan, texas, w&l($$)
shinjo: boalt
kaz matsui: u of hawaii, gulc, ucla, columbia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=daddyfatsacks

michael k

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 02:54:25 AM »
because its necessary for world peace

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2006, 10:26:09 PM »
Originally, this category was created to give decided students (ie - if you KNOW that you're going to a certain school) a place to talk about the school, your plans, etc.  In other words: to get away from the "where did you get in" discussions.

You could change the name slightly to better reflect this restriction.  People get here by clicking on "general board for soon-to-be 1Ls."  Perhaps if you put "Accepted and Decided" in THAT title, instead of just on the wider section title, it would be more easily seen and followed.