Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: So LSAC does in fact count A+ as 4.33 ??  (Read 3744 times)

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
Re: So LSAC does in fact count A+ as 4.33 ??
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2004, 03:21:02 AM »
Should I changes every school's policy, or should I change 1 policy at LSAC?
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

M2

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2004, 12:02:28 PM »
Should I changes every school's policy, or should I change 1 policy at LSAC?

How about you just change your school's policy ;)

Not everyone agrees the LSAC's should be changed.

aboynoir

• Sr. Citizen
  • English Literature / 3.Something / LSAT in June
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2004, 02:07:45 PM »
I don't think my school gave out A+'s either... That kinda sucks when you figure in that some schools do and don't.  Do schools actually look at the transcripts or just the GPA I wonder...

As with so many things, I'm sure it depends on the school.

I'm sure the schools I applied to looked at mine.  My three semesters of academic probation, scholarship terminations, semester off, and final 2 semesters of decent (3.7) grades probably had to be seen.  :)

Greg

Sounds like we have something in common. My first 3 semesters I didnt do so hot. Well, I got good grades in all but 2 classes. Namely, the ones I didnt go to.

As for this 4.33 thing for A+'s... crap! My school does not give out A+'s, just A's. A 90% is the same as a 100% on the transcript. I do suppose it helps just as much as it hurts.

mkagan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2004, 02:10:38 PM »
yeah, it does, b/c a 90% at my school is an A-, i would gladly get rid of my 3 A+s to get rid of all my A-'s and have a 4.0
I think pickles are cucumbers that sold out. They sold their soul to the devil, and the devil is dill...

jrhc1210

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.85/Oct
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jrhc1210
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2004, 02:47:16 PM »
Not only does my school not include A+s in the grade scale... I have known professors to make As the equivalent of A+s. That is, a 97-100 is an A, a 93-96 is an A-, and an 89-92 is a B+. Now tell me how much THAT sucks. Damn lsac.

M2

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2004, 04:09:20 PM »
Not only does my school not include A+s in the grade scale... I have known professors to make As the equivalent of A+s. That is, a 97-100 is an A, a 93-96 is an A-, and an 89-92 is a B+. Now tell me how much THAT sucks. Damn lsac.

Wow...now that REALLY sucks

melissamw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2004, 03:04:26 PM »
My school didn't give out +/-, but I prefer it that way.  The way I see it is that there are some classes I would have gotten a - in, some I would have gotten a + in, so it could have actually made my 4.0 less than a 4.0, the +/- didn't cancel out...

M2

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2004, 03:09:50 PM »
wow...so 90-100 is an A?

that's awesome... So many of my grades are A-

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2004, 07:31:20 PM »
My school has the same policy (90-100 = A) I tell many people when preparing for tests, my grade matters all the way up until the end. Then if I get a 100+ (which I have recieved a grade high enough not to have to take a final) all the way down to a 90- (and get an A on a curve if applicable) its all 4.0 at my school. I would kill for A+'s considering I have probably ony recieved the percentage equivelant (less than 94) of an A- like maybe twice but I have recieved 101.5% and even one class I ended up with a 129% (Hella lot of extra credit that I did) But take what you want outta that 129... Because many people failed that class (ironically PSYC and LAW)
IVY_Hopeful
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

darren

• Sr. Citizen
  • Nader / Camejo 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2004, 05:30:24 PM »
I think everyone's getting lost in that numbers-obsessed mentality again.  I'm sure the adcoms are well aware of the discrepancy between schools that give A+'s and those that don't.  I know everyone is desperate to do everything they can, but I'd be really surprised if this issue had any bearing on anyone's admission/rejection anywhere.
GPA - 3.55 Overall, 3.75 Last 3 Years
LSAT - 169,171 on Timed Practice Tests