Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: So LSAC does in fact count A+ as 4.33 ??  (Read 3648 times)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: So LSAC does in fact count A+ as 4.33 ??
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2004, 04:02:58 PM »
I can easily see a .1 pt difference (easily accomplished when replacing a few As with A+s...) could mean the difference between an acceptance or a waitlist.

I think everyone's getting lost in that numbers-obsessed mentality again.  I'm sure the adcoms are well aware of the discrepancy between schools that give A+'s and those that don't.  I know everyone is desperate to do everything they can, but I'd be really surprised if this issue had any bearing on anyone's admission/rejection anywhere.

HURLEY- L.S.D.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2004, 04:13:50 AM »
I remember a time when I was reviewing applications in a law admissions office, and someone had a re-caluculated GPA of something like 4.25.  Good grief.  I remember taking a second look at it and thinking, Whoa..

I wish that I could remember what this person's LSAT score was, just to make the rest of us feel better.  Let's just say that it was a 145 so we can sleep tonight, shall we?

jkang2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2004, 12:27:14 AM »
A- is a 3.7

Does LSAC count A- 3.67 or 3.7?????

pale_blue_sun

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2004, 01:22:56 AM »
A- is a 3.7

Does LSAC count A- 3.67 or 3.7?????

An A- is a 3.67 according to the LSAC folks.  You can refer to this site to verify:  http://www.lsac.org/LSAC.asp?url=/additional-info/transcript-summarization.asp.

PBS