Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: any military spouses??  (Read 626 times)

littletanuki

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
any military spouses??
« on: January 20, 2005, 02:30:51 PM »
I was wondering if any one else is facing a similar situation with law school...my husband is stationed in NY and will have to stay there while I"m in school.  He's also facing another year long deployment next year.  We're trying to figure out how we'll manage two separate households for three years!  There's only one school remotely close to where we live, so commuting isnt' really an option.  :( 

Any one else?   ;D

Di

• View Profile
Re: any military spouses??
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 04:29:27 PM »
I'm a soon-to-be military spouse.  My "significant other" is expecting to do a year-long remote starting this summer.  I'm debating asking for a deferrment or staying here.  He just got back from deployment in Iraq so we are not eager to spend a year apart.

littletanuki

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: any military spouses??
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 04:41:40 PM »
I know what you  mean...my husband has been deployed for a year and a half total out of the three years we've been married.  It's been almost a year that he's been back from Iraq, so we're enjoying being together.  I"m not looking forward to the time apart while I'm in school either, but unfortunately, that's the military lifestyle.  I"m not a big fan of the military lifestyle.  It's difficult to have to weigh staying with your spouse or embarking on your career.  I've put off grad school for four years already....hopefully by the time I'm done, he'll be on his way to being a civilian.   ;D