Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: oklahoma law schools  (Read 3211 times)

jason

oklahoma law schools
« on: February 09, 2003, 11:51:58 AM »
Does anyone know anything about Oklahoma City School of Law and/or University of Tulsa College of Law?  Which has the better rep, faculty, etc.?  Any info would be appreciated!  

Ryan

Re: oklahoma law schools
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 04:41:04 PM »
From what I have seen and heard, Tulsa is a world better than OKC School of Law.  OKC is at the bottom of the accredited law schools - somewhere below 157, and Tulsa, while in some rankings is only in the 130's, in others it is top 100, and its local reputation is excellent.  If you plan on practicing law in Oklahoma, I think a TU law degree will get you much farther than one from OKC.  Good luck with your decisions, and don't forget to apply to OU!  here is the link that has Tulsa in the top 100 - http://www.cooley.edu/rankings/overall2002.htm

Ryan

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2003, 04:42:18 PM »
Forgot to mention that I have some friends at TU who really like all aspects of the school.
-Ryan

jason

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2003, 05:53:00 AM »
Thanks for the reply!  I visited TU law this weekend and was pretty impressed.  I also checked out OCU law on the way to TU, and was impressed, but not overly so.  Are you from Texas?  If so, what part?  I am from Arlington and have applied to several Texas schools, but have yet to hear from anyone except OCU and TU.  Why did you decide to apply to TU law?  The law library at TU is only two years old and is a state-of-the-art facility.  I was really impressed with the facilities there!  Do you know anyone who is attending, or has attended TU and plans to practice in Texas?  I am just wondering how well a TU degree will travel outside of Oklahoma.  Thanks again for your info!  

TexasStar

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 05:28:46 AM »
Does anyone have information on OU law waitlist? I have been placed on their waitlist for this fall. I was wondering if anyone had detailed information on list ranking/tiers, deadlines/cut-offs, % of students who matriculate off of waitlist.

Dave M

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2003, 04:41:15 AM »
What was your undergraduate and graduate major? Im surprised you didn't get in to a couple of those schools in texas.

TexasStar

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2003, 08:06:22 AM »
Undergrad: B.S. Biology/Chemistry
Graduate: 2 yrs medical school

TexasStar

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2003, 04:33:45 AM »
For those of who are on OU waitlist, I actually spoke with someone in their office yesterday that was helpful to me. She said the final batch of candidates for regular admission were being evaluated on May 6th. She said that May 15-30 is when a lot of waitlist movement would occur with regard to those who are holding spots at more than one program. She said they had over 1300 applications for this fall and  it was the most she had ever seen for OU law.