Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Three dings...  (Read 3426 times)

Acuvue

• View Profile
Three dings...
« on: January 20, 2005, 08:20:51 AM »
So far, I have three & half dings.   :(  I thought the waiting part was bad... Getting three & half dings in a week is worse... Someone told me that acceptences usually take longer than dings, but I doubt there is any truth in that, the person probably said to make me feel better.  I have been so anxious to get an acceptence letter so I can take a week off from work and go skiing to celebrate... But I guess that won't be happening any time soon..  I can't believe I've sunk this low to complain about my Dings... Ahh, the application blues continues... My heart goes out to all the fellow applicants who are starting with streak of Dings... Good luck to you all.

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Three dings...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 09:06:40 AM »
So far, I have three & half dings.   :(  I thought the waiting part was bad... Getting three & half dings in a week is worse... Someone told me that acceptences usually take longer than dings, but I doubt there is any truth in that, the person probably said to make me feel better.  I have been so anxious to get an acceptence letter so I can take a week off from work and go skiing to celebrate... But I guess that won't be happening any time soon..  I can't believe I've sunk this low to complain about my Dings... Ahh, the application blues continues... My heart goes out to all the fellow applicants who are starting with streak of Dings... Good luck to you all.

Sorry to hear it. Keep your head up. This means you've still got that skiing vacation to look forward to.

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 09:40:30 AM »
Sorry to hear about the dings. What are your numbers and what schools did you apply to? Hang in there... I know it sucks, but it will pan out.

I kind of know how you feel about the wait. My first letter was a WL, my second a rejection, and now all I want is to get accepted somewhere so I can stop worrying about the rest of the applications and know that law school is in my future.

Good luck to you hun. Take that ski trip and relax!

~HUGS~
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

Schmett

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 11:52:10 AM »
Yea, I know how you feel.  I got three dings within a week back towards the beginning of December, and didn't get an acceptance until this past Wed.  The waiting is even rougher with a string of dings, but I'm sure it'll happen :)

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 01:32:06 PM »
Sorry to hear. Where were you dinged?

Acuvue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 03:14:56 AM »
Thanks everyone.  After I posted my message, I took a week off and went skiing anyway.  I figured, getting stressed out about my Ding streak would do me no good.  My employer decided to give me extra days for some reason... So I was gone for about 10 days.  What a vacation it was.  By the time I got back, I had few more dings and two acceptances. 

My track record so far:

Love: Albany, GDub
Ding: Cardozo, Brooklyn, Cornell, DePaul
(They were all sent out few days before Thanksgiving)

So those of you that are suffering from application blues, please do yourself a favor and as hard as it may be, try to forget about the apps. If it seems impossible to forget about it, just take few days or a week off and go some where, where you can't log on to your email or lsd.  By the time you get back, your stress level will be much much lower and who knows your mail box will have that letter you were so desperately waiting for...  Good luck to you all and we can all get through this. 

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 12:39:27 PM »
Glad to hear that you had a turn around! I hope many more acceptances come your way.

I am still waiting for mine to come in.

Acuvue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 10:04:08 PM »
Thank you.  Shadowcreeper, when did you send in your material?

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2005, 10:39:08 AM »
Most were done in early to mid November, a few early December.

laurlaur37

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 04:44:19 PM »
I also have 3 dings under my belt from this past week...Pace, Hofstra, and Albany (received in that order). I'm not all that suprised since I expected dings from all those schools, but now i'm starting to really freak out.  I know I don't have stellar numbers at all and this is the second year I'm applying to law schools so I really think I'm starting to develop the early stages of a nervous breakdown at the age of 22. I'm hoping that out of the 7 apps I still have out, someone will bite.  My stats are 148/145 lsat and 3.16 gpa from a well respected state university.  I know the real problem is because the second lsat i took i did worse, it was kind of inevitable since my bf dumped me the night before..such a nice guy...anyways My question is given my stats, does anyone think I have a real shot at lets say Syracuse, New England, Fl Coastal, or Widener....those are some of the apps I currently have out that I haven't lost all hope over yet.  Any insight is much appreciated!!  :o