Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone heard anything about the GW waiting list?  (Read 2627 times)

waiting

Anyone heard anything about the GW waiting list?
« on: March 28, 2002, 11:16:05 AM »
Has anyone heard anything about GW's waiting list?  How many students will they take?

Re: Anyone heard anything about the GW waiting lis
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2003, 02:08:39 PM »
I am sitting on this wait list right now.  Last year they took 23% of people from the wait-list for day-time full-time status.  They said they expect several hundred applicants on the wait list (400-500?).  I expect about 100 people to get off the wait list. :-/

mike burg

Re: Anyone heard anything about the GW waiting lis
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2003, 11:23:09 AM »
i'm pretty sure they said decisions would be mailed out around april 26th...last year, 23% of day applicants and 61% of evening applicants were accepted off the WL.  i'm expecting we'll hear sometime this week.  my b-day is tomorrow, so hopefully it will be a happy one.

abmarz

• View Profile
Re: Anyone heard anything about the GW waiting list?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 11:38:24 AM »
GW is really competitve this year. I didn't apply, but I had two close friends who did. One had a 165 and a 3.8. The other had a 163 and a 3.75 with two additional years of great work experience. Both went to Boston U for undergrad. And they were both wait listed!

If you want to get off the wait list, keep the admissions people knowing you are still interested. Send in another rec, an updated transcript, or just a letter stating why you want to go to GW specifically above any school.

Be patient with the wait list. People do get off of them! I was wait listed at Hofstra a month ago and I got a call yesterday saying I was accepted.

I think the trick is to make sure they know you are still interested. I think most admissions people figure people say "screw it" when they get wait listed and don't bother to look at it twice. If you keep sending stuff in, they will be forced to re-review your app.

Good luck.

romancingthestone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 01:01:20 PM »
It IS competitive...
a friend of mine considered it a safety school... Ivy undergrad, 167 LSAT, slightly lower (but still above 3.3) gpa, works for a Public Defender... denied. 

macheko

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 08:07:45 PM »
I've just gotten accepted to GW and I'm feeling luck now. There are a lot of people with good numbers getting waitlisted.