Law School Discussion

What I Want Is A Mostly Non-Texan Law School In A Mostly Non-Texan Area

Now don't get me wrong, I have friends who are Texan, but what I want is a mostly non-Texan school in a mostly non-Texan area.  You see, the Texans already have their own school down in Austin, and through their despicable use of AA superbly qualified candidates are ignored so that Texans can have a shot at practing the law.  Well one thing leads to another and the next thing you know they are practically running the whole government.  I'm fed up.  Those Texans can hang together all they want, but I do not want anything to do with them.  If it means freezing my ass off in Vermont, or any cold as balls TTT north of the mason-dixon line, I'll do whatever it takes to stay away from those Texans.  I wish them all the best, but I just do not want to be around them. 

sport

A-men freshk!  I was just having the same discussion with my dad and THEN I saw your post.  I read it to him.  You are my new best friend.

But I had apply to Texas law schools.

midjeep

• View Profile
Now don't get me wrong, I have friends who are Texan, but what I want is a mostly non-Texan school in a mostly non-Texan area.  You see, the Texans already have their own school down in Austin, and through their despicable use of AA superbly qualified candidates are ignored so that Texans can have a shot at practing the law.  Well one thing leads to another and the next thing you know they are practically running the whole government.  I'm fed up.  Those Texans can hang together all they want, but I do not want anything to do with them.  If it means freezing my ass off in Vermont, or any cold as balls third tier toilet north of the mason-dixon line, I'll do whatever it takes to stay away from those Texans.  I wish them all the best, but I just do not want to be around them. 

Just to for warn you, you might get a lot of angry comments from Texans here (or even Southerners). Personally, I don't care. Moved to DC, hate the attitudes and COL, and hope to move back to Texas. If you don't want a Texan or Southern perspective, just go to the Northeast or West Coast school, pretty simple.

As for the AA residency discrimination...don't blame UT-Austin, Houston, or Tech. These schools are REQUIRED by Texas law to admit based on these residency restrictions. I am sure these schools don't want to have such restrictions, but they all get their flow from the state of Texas so that is what they gotta do.

BigBadBo

freshk,

enjoy your *&^%-hole school - Texas has a monopoly on kind people in the U.S. - I have lived in Massachusetts and Texas and there is no comparison

Ah, don't woory 'bout them Texans. I don't really consider it part of the South anyway, y'know? There's plenty of good, genuine, honest-to-God SOUTHERN schools of law down here in the "Heart of Dixie", so try Alabama schools or even GA. schools.
 ;) ;D

sport

BigBad,

Texans may be nicer than New Englanders (that's from experience), but they're no match for Northern Virginians (that's from experience too).

midjeep

• View Profile
BigBad,

Texans may be nicer than New Englanders (that's from experience), but they're no match for Northern Virginians (that's from experience too).

Just not near the DC area ;)

UMHBmom

I moved to Texas from Northern VA (Stafford, to be exact). I can assure you that I have become much nicer since the move. The freakin' traffic was enough to make anyone up there cranky. When the shootings first started happening, I assumed it was a DC commuter.  :-\

TexasTiger14

• War Eagle!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ah, don't woory 'bout them Texans. I don't really consider it part of the South anyway, y'know? There's plenty of good, genuine, honest-to-God SOUTHERN schools of law down here in the "Heart of Dixie", so try Alabama schools or even GA. schools.
 ;) ;D

As a Texan I don't want my state associated with the "south" either, Texas is merely Texas.....

I doubt any native Texans would take offense to this thread though, we're very laid back. If ya don't wanna come down here then fine, your loss  ;)

We Texans are quite arrogant though so I can tell why others take offense.

It's a shame we dominate the country politically though, that giant vacuum cleaner you hear over your state is Texas sucking up all the federal aid money, mwa-hahahaha  ;D

zya

Since there are texans here, anyone going to UH Law? For some reason I feel I am the only one almost certain that I'll be goin there. (on this board anyway)