Law School Discussion

Moving Your Stuff to Law School

laurrk

• View Profile
Re: Moving Your Stuff to Law School
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2006, 08:06:47 AM »
Moving is my worst nightmare. I've moved twice in a little over two years, and each time sucked more than the last time. Now I live on the fourth floor of an apartment building with no elevator, so just getting my stuff from my apartment to the U-Haul (or whatever) is a major pain. I'm only moving from western Mass to Syracuse, though, so I plan on doing multiple trips. I'll probably either borrow my mom's minivan or rent one. Hopefully I can overlap the leases a week or two so I can have time for a few trips by myself before enlisting my family to help with the big stuff like furniture.

Yale College Inferno

• New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2006, 08:14:57 AM »
baff

chidochido

• Rebuilding
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2006, 10:55:18 AM »
Moving is my worst nightmare. I've moved twice in a little over two years, and each time sucked more than the last time. Now I live on the fourth floor of an apartment building with no elevator, so just getting my stuff from my apartment to the U-Haul (or whatever) is a major pain. I'm only moving from western Mass to Syracuse, though, so I plan on doing multiple trips. I'll probably either borrow my mom's minivan or rent one. Hopefully I can overlap the leases a week or two so I can have time for a few trips by myself before enlisting my family to help with the big stuff like furniture.

Dude that sucks...I live in a sixth floor walkup so I can def. empathize...just look at it this way: it's easier to carry the stuff down than it was to lug it up the stairs...

« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2006, 08:42:25 AM »
Aw man, that sounds awesome...then you don't have to worry about shipping costs too! If I end up going to Boalt (which seems likely), I'm def. going to pack up the rental car and make the NYC-Bay Area trip!

Now I just have to decide whether I take the north or south route...

If I get into Hastings, I'll probably be making the same NYC to SF trip.  If not, I'm planning on going to University of Oregon and will likely drive anyway.  When I moved from Oregon to NYC in 2003, I went the Northern route.  I'm planning on going the Southern route on my way back.  It will probably be a longer and certainly hotter trip in July, than going North, but I think it will be more interesting.