Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best dating schools for guys (Georgetown) & girls (Notre Dame)  (Read 7645 times)

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
Re: Best dating schools for guys (Georgetown) & girls (Notre Dame)
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2005, 10:11:23 AM »
What about the best shchool for gays?
anyone, anyone?
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2005, 10:20:21 AM »
I cited the source and did not present the information in a way which would detract from its authors. Unlike your use of the Golden Girls in your avatar, which you did not cite, and which they may think is a weird use of their image.

You cited the source?  So that makes it legal?  So if I make copies of DVD's and send them to everybody on LSN it's okay, as long as I don't take credit for directing the movie?  Give me a break.  They charge for that information on Prowler, if I'm not mistaken.  And I'd kind of rather not have Andrew be put in the position of having to do something about copyright violation or have the site in jeopardy. 

As for the avatar, I have an image of four actresses, nothing else.  Lifetime TV (or whoever owns the Golden Girls copyright) might own the rights to the image of the Golden Girls house, the Golden Girls themesong, or the Golden Girls logo, but my best guess is that Betty White and company still own the rights to their own pictures. 

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2005, 10:24:31 AM »
As for the avatar, I have an image of four actresses, nothing else.  Lifetime TV (or whoever owns the Golden Girls copyright) might own the rights to the image of the Golden Girls house, the Golden Girls themesong, or the Golden Girls logo, but my best guess is that Betty White and company still own the rights to their own pictures. 

Actresses and other people of fame have no right to photos of them or images.  They are in the public domain.  Which is why tabloids don't need permission to use their picture.  Regular people however are not in the public domain, hence the blurring of faces on the Real World.
HTH

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2005, 10:26:05 AM »
And what, per se, is "weird" about me using the actresses as an avatar?  I like the Golden Girls.  I've seen every episode (okay, several times probably).  I see that as me being a fan, which I think would be what the TV show was shooting for...

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2005, 10:27:34 AM »
Actresses and other people of fame have no right to photos of them or images.  They are in the public domain.  Which is why tabloids don't need permission to use their picture.  Regular people however are not in the public domain, hence the blurring of faces on the Real World.
HTH

Spoken like a true Lawyer.  Thanks!

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2005, 10:28:54 AM »
HTH

Spoken like a true Lawyer.  Thanks!

Prego...  And keep using the avatar.  I love those ladies ;)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2005, 10:50:02 AM »
For some reason, I don't see you doing so well in law school, goodadvice.

While you're hyper-concerned with how you're dressed and whether your slacks are pressed (with the sole aim of impressing that cute girl that sits a row in front of you) the rest of us will be studying and working to ensure you'll be at the bottom of the class.

HTH

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2005, 11:02:41 AM »

While you're hyper-concerned with how you're dressed and whether your slacks are pressed (with the sole aim of impressing that cute girl that sits a row in front of you) the rest of us will be studying and working to ensure you'll be at the bottom of the class.

HTH

MEEEOOOW ;)

goodadvice (account resigned)

• Sr. Citizen
  • Resigned until the riff-raff are removed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2005, 11:12:58 AM »
They charge for that information on Prowler, if I'm not mistaken. 

No, they don't charge for it. Damn.

Why don't you let me and Andrew worry about the copyright laws and you worry about stalking the Golden Girls? OK? Please move on ... Bhu Bhye
I've resigned from the board due to intolerably harassing and verbally abusive riff-raff on this board.

goodadvice (account resigned)

• Sr. Citizen
  • Resigned until the riff-raff are removed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2005, 11:15:20 AM »

HTH

I still submit that if you can't succeed in law school while leading an otherwise normal life (which includes dating, grooming and dressing,) you don't belong there.
I've resigned from the board due to intolerably harassing and verbally abusive riff-raff on this board.