Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

If you were given URM advantage, would you take it?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Poll - If you were given URM advantage, would you take it?  (Read 13698 times)

WoeIsMe

Re: Poll - If you were given URM advantage, would you take it?
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2005, 12:36:14 PM »
interesting thanks... maybe we can invade another oil-rich country

rohan

« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2005, 12:37:48 PM »
I think Biting Panther was only half-serious, but ...

"The National Coalition of Blacks for Reparations (NíCOBRA), a pressure group with dozens of chapters across the country, has set the reparations price tag at $8 trillion ó to be paid out not only in direct transfers of wealth, but also in radical changes to our legal system and culture intended to redress supposed structural "inequities" in our society."
http://www.thenewamerican.com/tna/2001/02-12-2001/vo17no04_reparations.htm

You are right about me being half serious.  I was not serious about getting rid of A.A.  Now, the other half....I was dead serious.

rohan

« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2005, 12:40:25 PM »
interesting thanks... maybe we can invade another oil-rich country

Apparently we're already thinking about it:

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L18331811.htm

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2005, 12:40:34 PM »
Oh yeah, please stay on topic and do not hijack this thread.

Quote from the second post in this thread. Please do not turn this into another AA debate.

That is impossible for most of these people.

"these people"? that usually the sign of the cracker!

julie's post not even about aa, but, rather, discrimination in general. crackers usually want to avoid such discussion, because they prefer to focus on whatever few situations in which they allegedly the victims.

Nice assumption. About what I might expect from someone with a 3rd grade mind. What are you implying by calling me a "cracker?"

pretty much what you implying by saying julie have third-grade mind.

BIG H2001

« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2005, 12:48:17 PM »
I dont know what motivates you to write the way that you do.  If you do it so that people will be forced to read and try to make sense of your posts, then you need some attention in other areas of your life. 

As far as "these people" I meant everyone.  I guess you couldn't fathom that a white person could post in an AA thread without either being overly apologetic or racist.  I personally think both sides are too extreme and everyone needs to chill the @#!* out.  ALL THE PEOPLE starting these various threads are acting like law school is some kind of war and you have to fight like a soldier in order to get where you want to be. This is simply not true and no one cares about your fictional plights against whites or against URM's.  You just sound like a whiner.  There are enough opportunities in this country for everyone to get where they want to be.  If you don't make it somewhere, that's on you. 

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2005, 12:54:58 PM »
I dont know what motivates you to write the way that you do. If you do it so that people will be forced to read and try to make sense of your posts, then you need some attention in other areas of your life.

As far as "these people" I meant everyone. I guess you couldn't fathom that a white person could post in an AA thread without either being overly apologetic or racist. I personally think both sides are too extreme and everyone needs to chill the #@!* out. ALL THE PEOPLE starting these various threads are acting like law school is some kind of war and you have to fight like a soldier in order to get where you want to be. This is simply not true and no one cares about your fictional plights against whites or against URM's. You just sound like a whiner. There are enough opportunities in this country for everyone to get where they want to be. If you don't make it somewhere, that's on you.

you clearly not know what julie need or julie can "fathom," but she know what phrases like "you people" usually mean.  julie not whine about anything, unless it pinheads like you.

quit trying to silence people with your insults.  it not going to work.

BIG H2001

« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2005, 12:59:15 PM »
That entire post wasn't directed specifically at you.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2005, 01:06:51 PM »
That entire post wasn't directed specifically at you.

julie believe she understand well-enough meaning of "that [staying on-thread] is impossible for most of these people"--which quote another post that clearly address julie's post, by way.  or was there someone else you accuse of having third-grade mind?

but, if this your point, julie concede you intend to insult more people than just her.  happy now?

BIG H2001

« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2005, 01:08:33 PM »
yep, thanks for reading.

taterstol

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 1L
    • AOL Instant Messenger - CoolDorky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2005, 01:10:18 PM »
I haven't read most of this thread, but I saw Sleepy say something earlier that I totally agree with. Regardless of any edge in school admissions that being a URM might give you, I'll take my white male status any day of the week. In real life the affect of AA isn't nearly so monumental as people's whining would make you think. And it certainly couldn't outweigh the day to day that goes with being a minority.