Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hopefully cliche-free AA discussion. White comments invited.  (Read 12070 times)

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Hopefully cliche-free AA discussion. White comments invited.
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2005, 02:27:39 AM »
I'm actually a Hispanic male. And incidentally I am very sensitive to the relationship that a person's image has with the person. The face and the hands have played such intregal roles in the hominization of the animal into man. Man's image has also been the cause of much suffering and hatred. I am very sensitive to this fact.

Thus, I do not post a picture. My SN was meant to secure absolute anonymity, but a person's life really cannot be separated from his words. I actually said I was male earlier in this thread.

This totally violates your idea of transforming the admissions process to a private conversation. In a conversation your anonymity would not be secured. You actually have to appear before the person.

Spanish being a European language has nothing to do with what I said. All I was stating is that the majority of people in this country adhere to the standards that you do not like. Sorry. This is a democracy. The majority wins.

As for calling yourself Chick for anonymity reasons and then revealing that you are a male makes absolutely no sense.

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2005, 02:35:06 AM »
Your quote about a fair application procedure only says that test scores should not be used because they do not aid in the mission of public colleges.  If students are to be admitted based on the mission, there is no mention of how this would be accomplished.

I am merely putting forth a defense of AA. I'm not sure what's so wrong with that.

Your defense still has to make sense. Hello, you want to be a lawyer. Please when you say something does not work, give an alternative. In this way one is able to deem Einstein to be a charlatan.

P.S.    I am going to sleep. Partly because I am tired, partly because I am disappointed that Chick is actually a dude. Besides I am not improving my argumentative skills here, only my typing.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2005, 02:36:43 AM »
what a wonderful interview...not...as we say on the blsdb...keep your dirty toes and fingers outside the kitchen...sorry.

by the way aye believe that my script here as written is in black not in a white comment, so i hope that that counts....or blue as you may have glasses on your face...and the black script is in your face....sorry, but not very sorry!
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2005, 02:41:17 AM »
How doesn't it make sense? Please actually address the argument and not make any more ad hominem challenges. I've entertained your antics all night and it still doesn't make sense to you?
are you writing to me?

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2005, 02:45:56 AM »
thank god, because the judge would have you sitting for about an hour.

and keep it up...you are very amusing..but boring.

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2005, 02:47:01 AM »
TTTChick you can enteratin my antics all you want for as long as you want. That doesn't mean your argument is any good.

Guys I doubt I will make a worse lawyer than any of you. And probably will graduate from a better school too. Please show me where I am incorrect. Just because you do not agree with my view, it doesn't mean my argument is bad. None of you will find any logical flaw in my arguments.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2005, 02:50:09 AM »
aram or haram...aye am sorry...the two words sound the same to me..

you will be a lawyer that will be sitting and waiting and wondering....and lurking and wondering...aye can tell already...shave.  the beard...that is a hint. your argument is flawed from the get go..."white comments"??????...please, aye would put a wooden piece of wood so through you and so far out of the room that your hair would turn blonde.

BIG H2001

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2005, 02:50:38 AM »
TTTChick you can enteratin my antics all you want for as long as you want. That doesn't mean your argument is any good.

Guys I doubt I will make a worse lawyer than any of you. And probably will graduate from a better school too. Please show me where I am incorrect. Just because you do not agree with my view, it doesn't mean my argument is bad. None of you will find any logical flaw in my arguments.

Don't you know you're wrong if you don't drink the AA Kool-Aid?  Come on, everyone knows that around here.   :D

aram

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2005, 02:53:17 AM »
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka speare

Why not perform on the LSAT. I know for a fact that there are minorities that score high and that have nothing against the system.  All I heard today is that LSAT doesn't predict anything because it is aimed at the majority. A bunch of excuses that make no sense.

LSAT is a standardized test the idea of which is to eliminate any human discriminatory factors involved in the admission. Such as your name, the way you look, what neighborhood you are from, etc. And the reason why I think I will come out a winner in this argument is because the majority agrees with me. So do all of the admission committees of all the Univ. you guys are trying so hard to attend.  

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2005, 02:56:38 AM »
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka speare

Why not perform on the LSAT. I know for a fact that there are minorities that score high and that have nothing against the system.  All I heard today is that LSAT doesn't predict anything because it is aimed at the majority. A bunch of excuses that make no sense.

LSAT is a standardized test the idea of which is to eliminate any human discriminatory factors involved in the admission. Such as your name, the way you look, what neighborhood you are from, etc. And the reason why I think I will come out a winner in this argument is because the majority agrees with me. So do all of the admission committees of all the Univ. you guys are trying so hard to attend.  

"aimed" is too highly charged a word for 2005...you should focus that on fundamentalists.